Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:40 PM
coyotedream1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New here...

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and am already addicted - there's some great stuff on here. I've been riding most of my life and have had a couple Harley's over the years, but I just bought a brand new Iron last week and found myself checking this site out for info and like minded riders. I got her in Sand Cammo - special ordered her. That style with that color is perfect to me. I'm always interested in learning more. I've attached a couple pics of my new baby - she's still completely stock - but I plan on making her mine. I had a Hugger for years and although they have similarities, they are totally different bikes. I love the Iron - I plan on getting a low-profile Solo seat in the next week or so - http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-16-5153804--1 - a basic Passenger Pillion - http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-16-5173410--1 - a Cobra Powrflo Intake and some black Sideshots... I figure by Christmas, I'll have her close to where I want her. Oh, and I'm going to put a black Derby cover on her too. Beyond that, I'm not sure, but I love what some of you guys have done to your Sportsters...

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, and I looking forward to being on this board. Please feel free to post ideas on mods to my Iron and of you know a cheap Passenger Pillion, let me know.

If any of you are in South Louisiana, let me know...

Attached Thumbnails New here...-my-iron-1.jpg   New here...-my-iron-3.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 02:33 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Congrats on your new Iron and welcome to the forum. A lot of great information and knowledgeable people willing to help. Have fun with your mods.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Good choice on the Iron. Mine started as a '15 Iron too. The Sand Cammo is a really great color.

Good luck with the mods. I like the seat you're looking at. They look great. In the past, HD seats haven't been the best options. Cheaper foam was an issue. They've made changes to their seats though. I haven't tried the new versions.

Before you buy the seat, check out Sick Saddles. It's a small one-man shop in Tennessee. He has a few seat designs as stock, but can make what you want. Surprisingly not more expensive than HD seats.

Anyway, I find that it's always nice to have options.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:28 AM
coyotedream1
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLV
Good choice on the Iron. Mine started as a '15 Iron too. The Sand Cammo is a really great color.

Good luck with the mods. I like the seat you're looking at. They look great. In the past, HD seats haven't been the best options. Cheaper foam was an issue. They've made changes to their seats though. I haven't tried the new versions.

Before you buy the seat, check out Sick Saddles. It's a small one-man shop in Tennessee. He has a few seat designs as stock, but can make what you want. Surprisingly not more expensive than HD seats.

Anyway, I find that it's always nice to have options.
Options are very nice - I'll check him out, thank you.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Your ride looks real nice. A set of black V&Hs Short Shots would look real nice on that bike. Enjoy

Old 07-01-2015, 07:36 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Andy Arocho
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
coyotedream1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cool Inferno
Welcome to the forums. Your ride looks real nice. A set of black V&Hs Short Shots would look real nice on that bike. Enjoy
I really love the V&Hs sideshots, personally. I've heard the short shots scrape sometimes too. Thanks...

Old 07-01-2015, 08:25 PM
HarleyScuba
Elite HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Nice looking color combo.
I have one of those solo seats that came off the OL's bike before it was traded in. I haven't looked at in a year or so, but I remember it being in good condition. If you're interested in it, shoot me a private message.
Also, I think I have a P-Pad, too, but I might have sold it. I'll take a look, if you think you'd consider buying used, but good condition, saddle components.
This is how it looked on her '04 1200C (with 4.5 glln tank)

Last edited by HarleyScuba; 07-02-2015 at 12:18 AM. Reason: nunya
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

congrats welcome to the forum nice scoot !!!!

Quick Reply: New here...