Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions

Hello All,
Very excited I just got my 2015 Forty Eight I came from a 2012 iron 883. question is I have a pair of HD mini apes that I was going to put on the 883 but now that I have this I want to put them on the forty eight instead. For this to happen would I need to buy a cable/wiring kit or can they just be put on with out having to get extend cable/wires.

Also I need to really get that stock seat off the bike so if anyone know where I can get a good comfortable solo seat with a nice little back lip to it so i dont scoot off the seat and can hold up for a long ride please direct me.

I believe I still have a post up here for parts that I am selling also I have a basically new sundowner sportster 2 up seat I want to part with ASAP so I can buy some louder pipes.

Any help would be great.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Bl0at3r
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the new 48 - I love mine.
Sorry can't help on the apes or the seat

Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

I put Harley mini apes on my forty eight. The only thing needed was a brake cable I think. Everything else was fine. I read somewhere the 2014 sportsters come with enough cable for up to 14" apes.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:35 AM
coyotedream1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats... Want to swap seats? I have a brand new Iron seat.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:49 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!

You should be good on everything except the front brake line when going to the mini apes.

A super comfortable seat is a Spring Seat. You can see a variety of them HERE.

You can see in the vid below of our Project 48, it accelerates pretty good, and the Spring Seat is very comfortable and holds one in place.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 AM
FTW.
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the bike. I'd recommend seat and bars from Biltwell. Absolutely love there stuff. Have fun modding!!

Old 07-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coyotedream1
Congrats... Want to swap seats? I have a brand new Iron seat.
LOL I dont want to swap I want to buy I'm kinda of a part hoarder. I have a lot of 883 parts laying around plus a seat I just have no use for sporster sundowner 2up seat.

But thanks for the offer. I am going to look on ebay and local sites see if i can pick up a $60 iron seat just for now I really hate this solo one butt keeps flying off and its way to hard of a seat looks cool do.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies I will go look for a longer brake line so I can get these HD mini apes installed ASAP. I dont want to miss out on anymore summer riding.

Also thanks for the info DKcustoms I shopped with you guys for almost everything I had on my Iron883 and Tech guys where awesome when I had questions.

I am sure I will be hitting your store once again for performance needs after I figure out what Exhaust mufflers and Intake I will go with most likely will pick up the bobber style stage 1 intake system from HD pipes will have to wait and see need to see what calls me I just want a little more noise but don't want be breaking the bank to much.

After that I will be getting my new tank painted and ready for install. I love these sporties so much ways to make it your own.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 PM
coyotedream1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDiron883
LOL I dont want to swap I want to buy I'm kinda of a part hoarder. I have a lot of 883 parts laying around plus a seat I just have no use for sporster sundowner 2up seat.

But thanks for the offer. I am going to look on ebay and local sites see if i can pick up a $60 iron seat just for now I really hate this solo one butt keeps flying off and its way to hard of a seat looks cool do.
Well, I understand that - I'm the same way. But, I love the 48 seat and hate the Iron seat... LOL. I've trying to find a good solo seat for my Iron at a decent price, but I totally understand.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coyotedream1
Well, I understand that - I'm the same way. But, I love the 48 seat and hate the Iron seat... LOL. I've trying to find a good solo seat for my Iron at a decent price, but I totally understand.
I am surprised your thinking of the 48 solo seat its really very uncomfortable and can not keep in the seat when giving a little throttle. There way better solo sets out there but im sure your like me the budget. I can not see my self forking out 250-300 for a solo seat.

Anyways I am sure you will find a trade from someone. And I sure hope I can find a buyer for my other seat sense its of no use to me plus finding a 883 or nightster seat too.

Quick Reply: Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions