Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

local HD service Mgr. LIED to my face!

Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Rob Robb
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default local HD service Mgr. LIED to my face!

I've owned my 2013 Sportster 72 for 2 yrs. When I first got it I swapped out the seat, the gas tank, the mufflers, the air cleaner, did a wire tuck/tank lift & added a Cobra FI 2000 R CVT fuel processor. A wire broke off the injector terminal plug on the Cobra just before a 400 mile trip so I had to remove it in anticipation of getting it fixed or replace on warranty. I replaced the stock mufflers so I could go on my ride & bike ran perfectly.
Upon returning from my trip I took the bike into my local dealer to have the stage 1 flash done so I could put my other mufflers back on until the Cobra gets fixed or replaced. The service mgr. comes out and tells me that the computer wont recognize my ECU because I've got the Cobra on it & they need to remove it and install the HD SEPST unit, ( he saw the sticker I put on the bike ). I told him the Cobras not on it. I took it off before coming in. Then he says well it wont interface because you did a wire tuck and there must be a loose connection somewhere. They've got to tear the bike down to find the problem. I told him to give me back my bike I'll take it home and search for any loose connection & fix it. He says will you can't ride the bike that way it wont run. I told him I just back from a 400 mile trip riding it like that. I get home and see they never took off the side cover as it's zip tied on so it doesn't fall off on the freeway. I remove the seat which didn't look like it had been taken off. I find the plug for the interface is still buried under all the wire harness were I put it out of the way which means they never even plugged the bike in! I can only assume they out right lied to me so they could sell me the SEPST and mess with my wire tuck job.
Anyways sorry for the long rant I wont ever take my bike there I'll drive it to the next nearest dealer for any work I can't do myself & I guess I wont be doing that Stage 1 flash I'll just wait until the Cobra is fixed or maybe fix it myself as their warranty dept doesn't seem to helpful yet either!

Old 07-17-2015, 11:07 AM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Skip the dealer flash and get the SuperChips.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...s-members.html

Old 07-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Yogie
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 156 Posts

I've found that most dealerships in my area the people working won't even talk to you when you walk in the store.
My last experience done me up as I was sold a set of V&H mufflers and the sales person lied to me telling over and over nothing extra would be needed on my 2014 bike. Then when they wouldn't work right he tried to get me to bring the bike in to be tuned $$$ after telling me no other customers had any problems like that before....

Most all other Harley owners I talk to buy the bike and then do anything in the world to keep from going back for service or parts due to being ripped off.
Damn shame. That Brittany Spears song keeps playing in the back of my mind... " Do you want a piece of me "

Okay, I feel a little better now.

Last edited by Yogie; 07-17-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey Rob, You the guy with the YouTube channel. Didn't know you were a member now. Welcome brother.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Deuce/Ultra
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, service manager and service tech told me 3 days for repair to be completed. Going on a week now.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:58 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

Yeah, I don't talk to the service manager unless I have to. I was having trouble with the fuel light coming on too soon. He said he had never heard of that and would have to check into it. Heck its been happening forever.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 PM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Mine comes on earlier than I would prefer as well.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Rob Robb
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lucky Doug
Skip the dealer flash and get the SuperChips.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...s-members.html
THANKS! That looks very interesting I'll add it to my list of things to buy & start saving up for it

Old 07-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Rob Robb
Tourer

Originally Posted by Yogie
I've found that most dealerships in my area the people working won't even talk to you when you walk in the store.
My last experience done me up as I was sold a set of V&H mufflers and the sales person lied to me telling over and over nothing extra would be needed on my 2014 bike. Then when they wouldn't work right he tried to get me to bring the bike in to be tuned $$$ after telling me no other customers had any problems like that before....

Most all other Harley owners I talk to buy the bike and then do anything in the world to keep from going back for service or parts due to being ripped off.
Damn shame. That Brittany Spears song keeps playing in the back of my mind... " Do you want a piece of me "

Okay, I feel a little better now.
see now I was wondering if it was just my dealer or if others experienced the same thing. I guess we do

Old 07-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Rob Robb
Tourer

Originally Posted by Curt1953
Hey Rob, You the guy with the YouTube channel. Didn't know you were a member now. Welcome brother.
Yes I've got the You Tube channel under my name, ( Robert Robb). I've been a member since 2013. I usually don't post much here as I don't know many answers to the questions about newer Sportys. Thanks for the welcome

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: local HD service Mgr. LIED to my face!