Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my little projekt iron 883 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

damn why don´t i have a amber whiskey instead front fender is flawless, but the midglibe projekt is on hold cause that damn harley paint is only 1 liter and 3 parts is around 600 dollars, my painter is abel to by 0,25 liters(350 dollars) but have asked if he can get a smaller amount for just a fender they have said yes, so when i pickup the vivid black smaller parts he will se the fender and can then get a price calculatet .finger crossed but damn i like the amber whiskey after seing it live

regards
Sören

Old 12-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

dropped my mustang wide vintage off at my upolster she is very good, even does grading at school. mine is getting gel pad inseat and some foam over the gel, damn wish i kept the std. seat then i would have had acantara also.
my buddy´s night rod seat is getting gel and acantara(diamond sticts)
also got my extend forwards parts picked up from painter(sorry no picture forgot) and delivered to dealer for install will be fitted 19/12 after that ill go by and take some pictures, the crom parts were first sand blasted so that the paint could stick, but the foot peg cleavis got only partiel sand blast as i kept the crom where the brake and gear level moves cleaver cleaver he he only cost me 30 bucks for 2 cleavis 1 brake and 1 gear rod (it´s way cheap for denmark)

regards
Sören

Old 12-13-2016, 06:01 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

You know... at some point you have to stop the changes and just ride the damn bike!

That side mounted bracket with the bag is so cool looking. Well made setup.

The following users liked this post:
Søren Rix Petersen (12-13-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

where the fun in that , and you with all the projekt´s say start riding/driving he he
i like the build proces

regards
Sören

The following users liked this post:
wachuko (12-13-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 10:37 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

so went to check the bike out with some off the new parts, seat is still at my appolstere, intake manifold nrhs(true kevin dk custom) 606 intake from dk cutsoms with screw instead off nut holding the cover, extended forwards from HD(well sort off bought the rest off parts from HD, so i could have a complet set off forwards 4 sale, but got the cleavis for the brake and not the gear side so, used old one for now new one on order(don´t have to pay for the wrong one)) when it gets here ill grind it down and get paintet, so it can get fitted)

new oil/oil filter and gear oil now redline istead off sync3 hoping it takes some more noise away.
and off course 5000 mile service

regards
Sören

Attached Thumbnails my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0021.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0022.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0023.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0025.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0026.jpg  

my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0019.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0020.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-soren-intake.jpg  

Last edited by Søren Rix Petersen; 12-20-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:13 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

got the seat back on could not resist sitting on it, to check out the new extend forward damn that´s nice hopping the weather get´s better from 1/3 so i can ride it before my trip.
no with redline oil and schock proof version in the gearbox exided to hear how it sound now with that oil and the dk A/C
no pictures as seat looks the same and not alot off room for pictures at storage. ps. i hate my self for selling the oe seat cause just saw my buddie´s night rod seat after the seat lady fixed it with black alcantara/diamond stich and seat gel
regards
Sören

Old 02-18-2017, 05:18 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,537 Likes on 3,789 Posts

For some odd reason, when I open your pictures, they disappear? What have you got your camera set too?

Old 02-18-2017, 05:20 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

jpeg is what they say

Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

picked sporty up from the dealer hibenation, loving the extend forwards why did i not do that from the start, iam stil pushing my self back a little but not as much, really like the new dk customs 606 bobber intake, ill be watching for oil mist,non on the 20km home but can smell it now at the lights. i may get the black catch can when i visit the states next month engine sound is a little down after the redline oil so a plus for that but it will never be a vw engine he he. intake noise is also diff. maybe the portet intake manifold, round a/c and external breathers do that, it´s not bad but diff. sadly weather here the next few days is rain and more rain, hoping i can go thrue 1-2 tanks before the trip so that iam not totally rusty and the old gas is gone

regards
Sören

Attached Thumbnails my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0090.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0092.jpg  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Søren Rix Petersen
got the seat back on could not resist sitting on it, to check out the new extend forward damn that´s nice hopping the weather get´s better from 1/3 so i can ride it before my trip.
no with redline oil and schock proof version in the gearbox exided to hear how it sound now with that oil and the dk A/C
no pictures as seat looks the same and not alot off room for pictures at storage. ps. i hate my self for selling the oe seat cause just saw my buddie´s night rod seat after the seat lady fixed it with black alcantara/diamond stich and seat gel
regards
Sören
Red line doesn't recommend shock proof in a Sportster trans.
Here is Red Lines official response -

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, in the shared Sportster primary/transmission the 75W90 is recommended, a product that has been used extensively and performs well.

The 75W90 is the product we have have used for a number of years with very good results in Sportster/Buell transmissions, matching the viscosity and type fluid called for.
The 80W Motorcycle Gear Oil is a lower viscosity than called for, the ShockProof gear oils can due to their unique characteristics could cause sticking of the Harley clutches.
The 75W90 would be preferred and recommended over 80W Motorcycle Gear Oil in these applications.

There can be issues with some GL-5 gear oils in certain applications. Some can be corrosive to brass, bronze or copper, not an issue with our GL-5 gear oils, they don’t cause corrosion, pitting or metal removal. In a synchro equipped transmission the friction modifiers contained in many gear oils can make them too slippery, though not the case in a motorcycle transmission with dog rings.

So if you want the right viscosity and dont want to worry about it damaging anything, go with Redline http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=133&pcid=4

Quick Reply: my little projekt iron 883 2015