Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my little projekt iron 883 2015

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

they only had one off those black nut´s in stock, so orderet one more, that´s the part number on the plastic bag, but be aware they are 10 dollars aka 60dkr here in denmark

but they look great and they have a t30 in the end, instead off inches normal nut. the mirror moves are simply superb

regards
RIX

Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

today the forward controls from ghettoblaster came, they are made by/for drag specialties, fittet it in roughly 3 hours and on just the side stand
there is no fitting instruktions with the kit at least not in the box , but it is easy to figur out, i would just say finish putting one side komplet before you mount it to the bike, cause there is no room for putting the locking ring on when it´s on the bike(the ekstra that holds the foot pegs,on the inside) there is way to much paint on it, that means you have too grind som off other wise it will not shift, and brake will not go back with out help, there is also paint in the treads that means that it´s hard to screw the screws in, did put the gear lever on the transmission to far back it needs to point alittle forward other wise it will not shift in to first gear, i will have to disasembel the brake side as i need to grind more paint off on that side, shifter side fit´s superb when riding, the brake sits a little low compared to a std. 48, ill have the dealer look in to that when i come in for first service, other then that it´s night and day diffence with the riding now much much better iam 189cm that´s roughly 6.3/6.4 best mod ever

pictures off the bike with them on will come later today
i did put a few more off the mirror movers if you want some more details on the parts i have used please feel free to comment

oh and the forward kit comes sadly with out the black caps that goes in the mid control tread as a dust cover, got them free from the dealer

Regards
RIX

Attached Thumbnails my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0238.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0239.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0242.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0228.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0236.jpg  

Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

some more off the mirror moves realy nice mod ,along with the forwards controls

Regards
RIX

Attached Thumbnails my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0244.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0245.jpg  
Old 07-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

the bike is just like transformed with the forward controls, even the seat feels better now he he

Attached Thumbnails my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0246.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0247.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0248.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0251.jpg   my little projekt iron 883 2015-dsc_0252.jpg  

Old 07-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

oh and it has now passed the 1000km point only 5xx km til first service

Regards
RIX

Old 07-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Søren Rix Petersen
the bike is just like transformed with the forward controls, even the seat feels better now he he
I'm slightly worried about the forwards myself. I'm waiting on a brake rod and then I'm convinced I can fit the later ones to an earlier model. Just hope its not an expensive mistake!

When I'm riding the bike I put my feet where the forwards would be and it seems very wrong!!?? I;m hoping it isn't as the mids arent that comfortable for me and after an hour I need to get off the bike.

So if the forwards dont work and I cant live with the mids either, then its the end of the line for me and the Iron!! OMG!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Bl0at3r
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr_Taipan
I'm slightly worried about the forwards myself. I'm waiting on a brake rod and then I'm convinced I can fit the later ones to an earlier model. Just hope its not an expensive mistake!

When I'm riding the bike I put my feet where the forwards would be and it seems very wrong!!?? I;m hoping it isn't as the mids arent that comfortable for me and after an hour I need to get off the bike.

So if the forwards dont work and I cant live with the mids either, then its the end of the line for me and the Iron!! OMG!
Great project Rix.

Mr T - depends where you put your feet on the forwards - you can put the ball of your foot, heal or somewhere in between and this makes a big difference.

You said you were used to the leg out stretched position due to scooter didn't you?

If you didn't have the Iron what would you buy next?

Old 07-31-2015, 01:24 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

if the plus 2" where not on back order i would have bought them, but the std. forward is just fin for me, it´s the my legs that are long so i have a problem alot off pleaces iven sitting at a dinning taebel.
it is a massive diffrence my but had the wrong agel on the seat before and i was strugling after 30-45 min´s before i did the change, if i was to put forwards on again i think i would buy the 48 kit and get these one´s that hold the foot peg in black so i could used the foot pegs i want(i hope the harley kit does not have as much paint on them as this kit does.
i sit with my feet af far out i can(very wide)
hope you don´t have to sell the bike
Regards
RIX

Old 07-31-2015, 05:54 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bl0at3r
Great project Rix.

Mr T - depends where you put your feet on the forwards - you can put the ball of your foot, heal or somewhere in between and this makes a big difference.

You said you were used to the leg out stretched position due to scooter didn't you?

If you didn't have the Iron what would you buy next?
Nothing else I really want. I love the Iron but as the wife said its an expensive ornament. I rode it into work for 3 days running and it killed my left hip??? Maybe i'll keep it and just ride it every other day! Hoping the forwards will work...

Old 07-31-2015, 11:50 AM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

it was also my left hip that was bugging me with the mid´s on, that´s gone at least on the rides i have had since, only my knee but i fixed that with riding with my work pant´s with knee pads in then(just until my rokker black jack pant´s come next week)
and the bike i just much easiere to turn with for me with the front on
regards
RIX

Quick Reply: my little projekt iron 883 2015