Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:22 PM
romac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got PV this spring and ran the Autotune a few times, now when I try to run it it says I need 02 sensors installed and doesn't give me an option to choose Basic or Pro tune. Because it is saying I need to install 02 sensors make me think it is defaulting to the Pro Tune option. Have to call Dynojet to get some help on this one.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:36 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by romac
I got PV this spring and ran the Autotune a few times, now when I try to run it it says I need 02 sensors installed and doesn't give me an option to choose Basic or Pro tune. Because it is saying I need to install 02 sensors make me think it is defaulting to the Pro Tune option. Have to call Dynojet to get some help on this one.
You do have an option to select basic or pro in autotune. See this video.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi All,

Just got my PV but I hadn't realised it didn't come with a bar mount. I have an ultimate addons GPS case which it will go in but there are clearly better mounts out there. What do you guys use as i get zero returns on a UK ebay search?

Am I right in thinking this is a standard 4 hole AMPS mount?

Thanks

Last edited by Mr_Taipan; 02-15-2016 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Airframer
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't ride with mine unless I'm tuning. I put my sissy bar bag on the bike and put it in there while it's logging. I've even ridden with it in my coat pocket before...

Old 02-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

As I finally got a mount I decided it was high timeI tred this Powervision out!!

I decided to upload the Dynojet map for my Iron fitted with SE air filter and V&H short shots. This was just to see how it felt compared to the HD SE Stage 1 tune. So I flashed it to the ECU and thought I'd ride across London where the bike would get up to full working temperature and then enable the autotune.

I started the bike up and immediately noticed the DJ map was different. My bike spluttered a bit when I pulled out of the car park and the bike just felt vague coming off idle as I fed the throttle in. A few more splutters on pull away as I rode down the first few streets but as it warmed up it felt the same, albeit with a slower, lumpier idle?

I finally got across London and enabled autotune. I then rode home in a fairly heavy traffic but got some good varying and constant throttle openings. I then hit some open roads for some wider throttle openings and throttle roll on and offs. I guess it was about an hour in total before I stopped and saved the tune and flashed the new, improved map to the ECU.

The difference is noticeable from pull away. Much cleaner, linear spread of power. Much better throttle response and it even feels quite, well, aggressive when you give it a handful!! Part throttle cruising at low speeds is pretty much faultless and the bike just feels a lot smoother overall.

For those that are interested in such things, below is the table showing the VE cells. I'm not quite sure how to interpret it just yet but i'm guessing the red cells aren't a good thing?