Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 04:25 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts
Default power vision tuner

I just ordered a power vision tuner for my 2014 883 Sportster. I have screamin egale slip ons on the bike and will be putting a hammer performance air cleaner on it. What can I expect to see from this combination after I tune it.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Since no one responded, I will put in my 2 cents whatever it's worth.

I also have a PowerVision with Autotune so I am no talking through my a**...lol
More torque across the power band, runs cooler and smoother, no decel popping ....just a few things that come to mind. Not sure if it is a function of the tune, but the bike seems to be able to maintain higher speeds in each gear. For example, don't need to shift to 5th until I reach 65-70ish (versus 55-60ish before tune). It does run richer so gas mileage will probably suffer a little.....not better as previously stated.

And I love the gauge feature so it is mounted to my handlebars....I monitor RPM, Engine Temp, Battery Charge, and Gear...but there are tons of data you can monitor.

btw I have Rush 3" slip-ons with 2" baffles and Outlaw 587 AC with external breathers. Got the custom tune for my mods from DK, autotuned, then my autotune was tweaked by Jamie...run great.

Ask Kevin/Devin from DK Customs or Jamie from Fuelmoto and they will set you straight on the benefits of the PV. There are other cheaper options but seems you already decided on the PV. I assumed you did your research before you ordered the PV. You can also refer to the Powervision sticky thread that has loads of information.

Last edited by hscic; 10-08-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:42 PM
hexnut
Banned

Thanks. That's what I was thinking plus maybe a little more HP. After I get it set up, I may try some different tunes.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:21 PM
djKail
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed a difference after flashing the ECM with the PowerVision right away, and all my bike currently has is slip-ons. I then noticed an even larger difference after running some autotune sessions with it.

Really helps with the surging and overly lean condition that these bikes are set to from the factory. The ability to monitor head temps and a few other items also comes in handy. I mounted it for a week or two to get a good idea of MPG and temps ect.

Very happy with my purchase!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Thomas McClure
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you did not have a tune before, the bike will run smoother. Get the autotune. I changed out my Harley loaded "street" tune for the Powervision, and did a few tune runs (I do not have autotune, just the basic). My bike actually runs EXTREMELY HOTTER than it did before. I get about 2-3mpg less than before, and my rev limiter is set back to factory, instead of 1000rpm over. The bike doesn't seem to kick me back in my seat as much as it did before, but it does accelerate about the same down low. When I shift to second, I fishtail. Third, if I am lucky, I get a chirp. I have a stock 103, slip ons, and a big sucker air cleaner. I can tell you at 80mph+, I can catch up to many supercharged and turbocharged cars. It is where you get into Vipers and the high end vettes that it gets you. I know for a fact lol

Old 10-09-2015, 07:32 AM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I've had my PV since July2015 and have it dual licensed for my 1200C 13' and my UC2006.

On the 1200C I can run the auto tune since it has the O2 sensor while my UC don't. Both bikes are Stage1 upgraded. AND check out Kevin's DK Custom site for the clean air breather systems too. I've got both bikes set up with that too. Keeping the hot oily air from reentering the intake system is a nice upgrade to and can help efficiency as well as built up to 7% more HP and torque. He’s a lot of great info on the DK site about that.

PV - is awesome! Jamie loaded custom MAPS for my bikes in the unit. Sportie is like spot on. Runs smoother; and cooler too. I can say the power is up as I can feel it on the same roads I've rode with the bike since I've had it. I did lose about 4MPG but so what. Bike is happier and so am I. When I say smoother...the Sportie seemed a little raspy before. Never popped during decel or else...but the throttle is much more linear and as said by others the revs are better and more consistent. When I ride the rpm band just feels smoother and the bike is no longer rough.

The UC I played with MAP sent. The original MAP sent did improve the bike for sure with the first flash. It still popped a little on decal. Not backfiring ever just popping while decal/engine braking. Jamie tweaked the MAP but then I noticed that the low end throttle was a little softer than I liked. Pop was gone. So I looked at the MAPS with the included software and saw what he did. So I tweaked it a little more in the same changed areas AND vio-la! Bike is running super. No issues. MPG is actually way up vs. the old piggyback system I had on the bike before getting the PV.

What I can say - is the support from Fuel Moto is way over 100%. The PV is solid and to me it was worth every penny. I don't race around but yes you will hear and feel a difference with the MAP upgrade when you grab a fist full of throttle.

Add the fact that you can use the PV to monitor gauges and see codes and clear them etc...It’s a tool that is very high power and versatile.

GOOD LUCK with it!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 PM
hexnut
Banned

Thanks guys, I got my power vision today. Will be tuning the bike in the next few days.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:04 PM
hexnut
Banned

Well I tuned the bike with the power tuner. I used their tune for screamin eagle ac and slip ons. I lost my gear indicator, what gear I was in stopped showing on the speedo and the RPMs were off. It was like pulling teeth but I finally got help from Dynajet. The speedometer value in my original tune was different that the one in their canned tune. I went in and changed the value to match and it stilled didn't work. I had to send Roy at Dynajet my original tune and he imported their custom tune over my original tune. That done the trick. It now works.

I have a Hammer air cleaner and screemin eagle slip ons. The bike rips now. It pulls hard and seems to have more power over the PRM range. I have no decell popping either. I am going to run the auto tune next and see what I get.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by hexnut
Well I tuned the bike with the power tuner. I used their tune for screamin eagle ac and slip ons. I lost my gear indicator, what gear I was in stopped showing on the speedo and the RPMs were off. It was like pulling teeth but I finally got help from Dynajet. The speedometer value in my original tune was different that the one in their canned tune. I went in and changed the value to match and it stilled didn't work. I had to send Roy at Dynajet my original tune and he imported their custom tune over my original tune. That done the trick. It now works.

I have a Hammer air cleaner and screemin eagle slip ons. The bike rips now. It pulls hard and seems to have more power over the PRM range. I have no decell popping either. I am going to run the auto tune next and see what I get.
Just keep in mind that when you are in autotune, your bike will not run like it did with your custom tune since autotune turns off certain values in the tune while recording...like you may have decel popping. When you save your autotune and flash it, then it will run fine again.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

You guys just talked me into the Power Vision. I just ordered one from DK. I'm sick and tired of my V&H Foolpak. DK has the best price on it.

Quick Reply: power vision tuner