Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bag options for the sportster.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:20 PM
jp49
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
Default bag options for the sportster.

i would like to go to a solo seat, however i have throw over saddle bags so the double seat is kind of important to hold down the SB's .... i could live ok with a swing arm bag but because of the sportsters frame i am not sure if that would work. i figure if i need the double SB's for a trip i can always throw them on and put the double seat on.

so my question is will a swing arm bag work on a sportster? my other option for going to a solo would be some hard mount bags... i have seen some at viking that seem to foot the bill...

i would appreciate any input from ya'll and if you have pictures and product links that would be great....

Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Just an option....hard saddlebags with a solo seat.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:32 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

There's plenty of swingarm /solo bags available for Sportsters.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spor...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Old 10-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

I have the Viking bags with the Quick Release brackets. Tried the Viking permanent mounts for awhile and found routine cleaning and shock adjustment was a PIA. The only drawback with the QD mounts is they ride a little wider then the permanent mounts. Otherwise for quick on and off the QD mounts are great.
http://www.vikingbags.com/quick-disc...saddlebags.htm

Old 10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Iarecobra
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm in the same dilemma. I want to get rid of the double seat and throw overs. My plan is to get a solo seat. Then get a 18" to 24" sissy bar and a sissy bar bag. Like an old military bag. That way I can take it off and on when I need it.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:33 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Solo Seat, all packed up for a 10 day trip.

I got a swingarm bag, it fits fine on the bike, but I find that the bag on the sissy bar fits just as much, or more, and is easier to use.

Daily bag that fits on sissy bar.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We have a bag and attachment method that may fit the bill for you. Info is below. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Al

Our Sportster Bobber Bag is constructed of the finest quality vegetable tanned harness leather available. The bag is available in black and features a naturally distressed finish which has a nice satin sheen to it and a lot of character. Each bag is 100% USA made and is hand stitched and hand assembled
from extra thick 10-12oz. American leather. These are not your typical cookie-cutter bags.

The front of the bag features thick leather straps over the top flap with steel buckles with a satin nickel finish, that are secured with quick release buckles hidden under the straps. The back of the bag has pre-cut slots for attachment to the bike using the included leather straps and also features a solid plastic backing on the inside back panel for extra strength and rigidity. The side panels are molded and stiffened which helps the bag hold its shape.

Another really nice feature of our bag is a removable liner insert made from tough ballistic nylon that can be easily removed for cleaning and secures with snaps inside the bag. The material won't hold water if it ever gets wet and protects your belongings from damage and rubbing against the inside of the bag. It also serves to cover the rear attachment method, whether it be the included leather straps, or our Bobber Bracket hard mount kit. The liner also contains a concealed document pocket sewn into it between the liner and bag that can be used to hold your important documents such as registration cards, insurance cards, etc.

Here are some pics of the bag:

Installed on our Sportster Springer Rat Bike

Installed on a Sportster 48

We also have Package Deals, which includes both the bag and the Bobber Bracket. When you order both a bag and our hard mount kit, you save $30 on the package.

Check out our Package Deals here: http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Bobbe...20_p_1647.html

Old 10-20-2015, 05:35 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Creek Cycles
We have a bag and attachment method that may fit the bill for you. Info is below. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Al

Our Sportster Bobber Bag is constructed of the finest quality vegetable tanned harness leather available. The bag is available in black and features a naturally distressed finish which has a nice satin sheen to it and a lot of character. Each bag is 100% USA made and is hand stitched and hand assembled
from extra thick 10-12oz. American leather. These are not your typical cookie-cutter bags.

The front of the bag features thick leather straps over the top flap with steel buckles with a satin nickel finish, that are secured with quick release buckles hidden under the straps. The back of the bag has pre-cut slots for attachment to the bike using the included leather straps and also features a solid plastic backing on the inside back panel for extra strength and rigidity. The side panels are molded and stiffened which helps the bag hold its shape.

Another really nice feature of our bag is a removable liner insert made from tough ballistic nylon that can be easily removed for cleaning and secures with snaps inside the bag. The material won't hold water if it ever gets wet and protects your belongings from damage and rubbing against the inside of the bag. It also serves to cover the rear attachment method, whether it be the included leather straps, or our Bobber Bracket hard mount kit. The liner also contains a concealed document pocket sewn into it between the liner and bag that can be used to hold your important documents such as registration cards, insurance cards, etc.

Here are some pics of the bag:

Installed on our Sportster Springer Rat Bike

Installed on a Sportster 48

We also have Package Deals, which includes both the bag and the Bobber Bracket. When you order both a bag and our hard mount kit, you save $30 on the package.

Check out our Package Deals here: http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Bobbe...20_p_1647.html
That's a beautiful bag. Assume loss of the passenger footpeg is the price paid like most swingarm bags?

Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I have ***** & Max LARGE throw over slants and with my Carhartt jacket fills one bag to the brim. My left bag holds a foot air pump, rain gear and is about 3/4 full. If your considering any sort of major trip i'd look at T-bags that go on the sissy bar as saddle bag storage is so limited in comparison.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
That's a beautiful bag. Assume loss of the passenger footpeg is the price paid like most swingarm bags?
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Actually, if you attach the bag to the bike with our Bobber Bracket hard mount kit, there is some flexibility with where you can mount the bag. So you can position it so that you can keep your passenger pegs. To gain more foot peg clearance, you can install a set of passenger peg extensions, which we carry, that will move the pegs out an additional 1".

Thanks again,

Al

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bag options for the sportster.