Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cycle shack slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
davelisa5969
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cycle shack slip ons

hi, i am a new member, just want to say great forum first off, i have the cycle shack slip ons i thought i seen someone post about mod the baffles for more sound, is that true? my baffles are spot welded inside of the pipe with a little spot weld, so i cant just slip them out. any help would be very nice, Thanx Dave

Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: cycle shack slip ons

I don't think too many people remove the baffles from the Cycle Shack slip ons. They are just a couple of little metal bumps in there (I know highly technical talk). If you take those out, they will just be straight pipes. If that's what you want, then the Cycle Shack drag pipes are the same price, and a bit smaller in diameter, so you would have better back pressure.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Ragin_Republican
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how do those slip ons sound? I like my Harley to sound like a harley. is there a website to find those cycle shack pipes?

Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

CS slip-ons will make it sound like what you want. There are other places to look but I got mine at jirehcycles.com for about $120 shipped. You might find a couple places less expensive but this is a pretty good price.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find a set on Ebay; might even beat the Jireh's price if you're lucky. But Jirehs is a sure deal every day.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What SportyPig said....There isn't much to gain from busting the baffles out of the CS slip-ons. You end up with ad-hoc drag pipes that are too big in diameter for your engine. It will make tuning more difficult and likely make it run less than optimum.

CS slip-ons bark pretty loud but are also tame enough to keep the law off your back. Not sure how much louder you are looking for. There are louder exhausts out there but CS slip-ons aren't among the quieter mufflers available.

CS slip-ons are reasonably inexpensive enough, maybe consider putting them on a shelf and trying some other exhaust setup that is the volume you want. If you find something better/louder you can sell the CS mufflers for a few bucks. If you find nothing better you still have them (fully intact) to throw back on.

ORIGINAL: davelisa5969

hi, i am a new member, just want to say great forum first off, i have the cycle shack slip ons i thought i seen someone post about mod the baffles for more sound, is that true? my baffles are spot welded inside of the pipe with a little spot weld, so i cant just slip them out. any help would be very nice, Thanx Dave

Old 05-09-2007, 03:15 AM
itsshemp
Cruiser

CS's turned out to be the EXACT sound I was looking for, and I left the baffle thingy in. No need to remove it.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ragin_Republican

how do those slip ons sound? I like my Harley to sound like a harley. is there a website to find those cycle shack pipes?
Jerik Cycles has the best price on Cycle Shacks. $120 including freight.

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.as...E=JIREH_CYCLES

Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Cajun Fat Bob
Tourer

i modified the baffles of my cs slipons...i have a 2007 so the pipes that i bought might be different from the earlier years pre-2004...anyways, ill try to explain this...the baffles were just attached by a bolt and nut. my dad had a large "punch" or steel rod and he tapped on the baffles and they pushed out after a few taps..really really easy....then i went riding an man they were loud...but too much popping....so what i did was the little flap on the baffle that decreases the airflow..if you can understand...i opened it up...letting more airflow but still baffling the popping and now its louder and really no popping at all...i hope this helps and you canmessage me if you need any further help..

Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Cajun Fat Bob
Tourer

oh and about the welded part, someone i talked to said if you hit the baffles hard enough, you can knock them out...just put a rag around the muffler and put them in a vice...thats what he said, but also, if you have a dremmel tool you can cut the spot weld with that....hope this helps...

Old 05-10-2007, 07:00 PM
stingray
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Cycle Shacks on my '06 1200 Custom. I really like them, I would not want anything that is much louder. They give the bike the Harley sound you are looking for.