Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron 883 parts help

Old 02-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Bend Iron
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Iron 883 parts help

Hello all,
I just bought a new 16 Iron 883. Looking for parts. I`ve spent enough time here to know to go to DK customs first. First, not finding what I want, but mostly, I get no pictures of their product when browsing. Is that normal? I am looking for a low rise (4-6 inch) z-bar or chisled bar for my Iron. I`d love to spend some money on bars and foot controls, but (for me anyway) the DK website is difficult. I am guessing the sell handle bars, but I`ll be damned if I can find anything for my Iron. Same for footpeg relocation kits. It could be user error, but I`ll need to see picture before I would purchase anything. Any other good internet options besides DK?

Old 02-06-2016, 05:50 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Bend Iron
Hello all,
I just bought a new 16 Iron 883. Looking for parts. I`ve spent enough time here to know to go to DK customs first. First, not finding what I want, but mostly, I get no pictures of their product when browsing. Is that normal? I am looking for a low rise (4-6 inch) z-bar or chisled bar for my Iron. I`d love to spend some money on bars and foot controls, but (for me anyway) the DK website is difficult. I am guessing the sell handle bars, but I`ll be damned if I can find anything for my Iron. Same for footpeg relocation kits. It could be user error, but I`ll need to see picture before I would purchase anything. Any other good internet options besides DK?
Congrats on your New Ride!

We do not carry handlebars. We do carry Riser extension Kits...so once you have your handlebars, you can use the some Riser Extensions to get the bars right where you want them.

You can see them by clicking this LINK.

If by footpeg relocation kits you mean changing from mid controls to forward controls...we recommend using the Harley brand forward control kit. You can get them from Harley, or sometimes there are some good deals on ebay for them. We do NOT recommend non-Harley brand forward controls, too many reports of them breaking.

We do sell forward control extensions...this is to move the existing forward controls even further forward...gives more room to stretch out/not be so cramped.

You can see them at this LINK.

We also have a variety of other foot control accessories at this LINK.

I'm 5'11" and for my Sporty, the most comfortable set up is:

HD brand forward Controls
Coupled with the DK Forward Control extensions
With one of our Heel Rest Kits (see HERE)
With one of the DK Trap Style Pegs & shift pegs for the shifter and heel rests. You can see those HERE

All of the above links have plenty of pictures in each one.

Here is a pic of my Sporty with the set-up described above.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Bryan83taco
Tourer

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts
Old 02-06-2016, 07:23 PM
dbuzzell
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jpcycles, surdyke, directcycleparts & eBay
These are a few sites to compare prices & shop. Also the classified section on this forum.

Last edited by dbuzzell; 02-06-2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 02-07-2016, 11:15 AM
IronRoughneck
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the above mentions are great places to find parts and I have purchased parts from almost all of them. The other place that I go to find parts, riding equipment and other MC odds and ends is www.Revzilla.com What I really like about Revzilla are all of the reviews and review videos. These forums are also great places to see what other people have done with their bikes and give you an idea of what you may want to do with your own. It's all about planning it out from the get-go or I feel like you waste your money on parts that you will eventually replace with others. Good luck to you and welcome to the club!

Old 02-16-2016, 07:34 PM
nashvegasmatt
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

For shopping it depends on what you're looking for. If you have Amazon prime you can always get your lubes cheaper when it comes time for them to be changed.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:09 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,256 Likes on 926 Posts

Might also find some stuff you like at:

Joker Machine

Figure Machine

Chainsikle

hth,

T.