Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK led h4 light

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:21 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Have you had a chance to get out and ride with your new LED yet?
not yet i worked late and today had a union meeting - i just got home

i will try to get out tomoro or day after in the darkness lol maybe grab my contour cam or go pro an get some video and or pix i wont forget no worries . but let me tell ya i love this damn thing

Old 05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
nathan-hd48
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by elfnyc
got the led in the mail today
long story short
maybe a dumb question, but did you have to adjust the load on the battery at all? new rider who just did his first night riding and i wasn't too excited about how unlit areas of the road and edges of road were while riding around the northern woods in back country. i was eyeballing all over waiting for a critter to jump out and pop me!

Old 05-11-2016, 12:25 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan-hd48
maybe a dumb question, but did you have to adjust the load on the battery at all? new rider who just did his first night riding and i wasn't too excited about how unlit areas of the road and edges of road were while riding around the northern woods in back country. i was eyeballing all over waiting for a critter to jump out and pop me!
I know what you mean about riding blind at night with the stock bulb! I live out in the country, and having the LED light up the road (and sides) better really makes a difference.

No, nothing needs to be done with the battery. The LED pulls less of a load than the stock bulb, so it will be a bit easier on your stator keeping the battery charged.

It's just a matter of pulling the old bulb and putting the new one in. It comes with step-by-step instructions.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Blacks
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This may be my next purchase. Simple plug and play but a huge difference.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:00 PM
felix27
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I ordered one myself.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:47 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

you need nothing but a screw driver and beer lol

if u can turn the key u can do this light it takes less then 5 minutes to do - just remember dont touch the old bulb glass or the new led pods .. save the old one for back up which u will never use or go back to .... this thing is freakin bright throws more light then the daymaker, again i wish i knew about it or that it would come out later in the years, i would never had spent the money on the daymaker

Old 05-12-2016, 06:24 PM
nathan-hd48
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh, one last question -- did you get the LED directionals from HD? Did you just swap the bulb or did you replace the entire housing, bulb, etc.?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:53 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nathan-hd48
Oh, one last question -- did you get the LED directionals from HD? Did you just swap the bulb or did you replace the entire housing, bulb, etc.?

the hd stealerships sell them -
mine came from customdynamics.com
they are called dynamic ringz http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...rn_signals.htm

they light up yellow when u use a turn signal and go back to white when the signal shuts

they are also plug and play - if u can replace the bulb u can do this ...
very easy to install and are also very very bright .. a little pricey but really awesome - they also sell Red/Red Dynamic Clusters for the rear brake/turn/run which i have for mine ..

pic not the best but this is the brake depressed

and a video of them workin...
they dont flash like that it was just to show how bright they are .. the flashing is done with my thor modulator
here
http://lakesideelectronics.net/produ...ght-modulator/

gave u all the info i could so u didnt ask lol

The following users liked this post:
nathan-hd48 (05-13-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 12:29 PM
felix27
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Installed it yesterday on my 1200C with a 5 3/4" bucket. Boy was the holding spring clip tricky to get back in (instructions do provide a warning on this). Definitely take a photo before removing it so you know how it goes. I was able to use the connector "as is" without removing the spades as the instructions say for space reasons. I'm using the stock lens and it's a bit milky so I might remove it again and clean with windex, should have done that first. Live and learn...

My first photo upload. Took a short ride today and took this photo.

Last edited by felix27; 05-15-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:28 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by felix27
Installed it yesterday on my 1200C with a 5 3/4" bucket. Boy was the holding spring clip tricky to get back in (instructions do provide a warning on this). Definitely take a photo before removing it so you know how it goes. I was able to use the connector "as is" without removing the spades as the instructions say for space reasons. I'm using the stock lens and it's a bit milky so I might remove it again and clean with windex, should have done that first. Live and learn...
the clip was a pia yeah but nothing to hard to get back on .
not sure why your lens was cloudy, and im not sure u could get in there to clean it good. as i said i purchased a better lens, i gave my old one away and had to get a new one .. if u think u can clean it then go for it , it may be hard to do though

Quick Reply: DK led h4 light