Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK led h4 light

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 03:37 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default DK led h4 light

got the led in the mail today
long story short

i had a daymaker, the first one it was great, love it to death
the light was bright and clean - last year i noticed some moisture in the damn thing , of course it not covered to return as i had it when it first came out.
so im pissed - im not spending that cash again ....
the light was more of a line not really spread out like it should be ..

so i purchased an after market very good lens to fit my scoot - it had a filament bulb , light was ok but yellow , i didnt like it ..

so i got the dk led light to fit in the lens
all i have to say is holy crap - this led light is crazzzzzzzzzzzy bright , waaaaaay brighter then the daymaker imo.. although not tested as the weather sucks - i can tell in the garage its waaay brighter,
throws out a more normal pattern and fills the entire area its pointed to . of course i had to readjust the hieght , but i cant get over how crazy bright this damn light is.. and because its now a reflector lens and not the daymakers 2 little lights, the entire glass lens lights up , and is bigger and brighter and easier to notice .. this led light is crazzzzzzzzzzzy save the cash get the led from DK.. thanks also to kev for the speedy shipment, and messages .. holy crap its bright . i will post more pix when i can get out when its not pouring cats an dogs lol but here arte a few pix of the daymaker, the stock bulb and the dk led bulb - hope some of you got a look as to what it look like near the other options - i would go dk again screw the daymaker like i said i would buy again - hell no lol

the lens i purchased -- nice clean lens with chrome reflector -- its purty

lose installed lens

lens with filament bulb

daymaker hd led light - should got the chrome one to begin with not as nice looking black lol

dk led

closeup dk led bulb

Last edited by elfnyc; 05-07-2016 at 03:50 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by elfnyc:
DK Custom (05-10-2016), head (05-29-2016), JayTee2015 (08-02-2016), nathan-hd48 (05-11-2016), Scumbag_72 (05-11-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 03:53 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

DK's LED bulbs have slightly more lumens than the one I have. When mine goes out which will probably be a very long time...I will get DK's LEDS.

Your reflector lens also contributes to your brightness and pattern. I tried my LED bulb in three different buckets and they were all different. So sounds like you have the right combination.

Last edited by hscic; 05-08-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:57 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

ps these were all on low the high beam was so crazy bright i was seeing dots for about 10 minutes - dont look into the light hahahaha the high beam of the dk bulb lite up the whole damn place, and im sure it will be waaaaaaay brighter at night .. will get more pix like i said ..

Old 05-07-2016, 03:59 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hscic
DK's LED bulbs have slightly more lumens than the one I have. When mine goes out which will probably be a very long time...I will get DK's LEDS.

You reflector lens also contributes to your brightness and pattern. I tried my LED bulb in three different buckets and they were all different. So sounds like you have the right combination.

lol i guess i did good , because its so freakin bright , im waaay over the top happy with it - much more then the silly little daymaker golf ball sized light..
happy camper

Old 05-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Troops141
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In photos of this LED it looks like there isn't much of an upper cut off like with the stock one. Will this blind cars that you are following or are you able to adjust it so it isn't too bad?

Old 05-07-2016, 07:20 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

it was adjusted slightly lower and seems to be at a better hieght then the daymaker

it looks like this in the pix probly cause i was kneeling down to get a head on shot , but i adjusted it as per instruction , and when i do this i always use the bench in my garage as the height it should be at , the light throws the same level as the filament and daymaker so im sure it wont be a problem - it also seems to throw more light in the area and side to side then the other 2 did

Old 05-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Troops141
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by elfnyc
it was adjusted slightly lower and seems to be at a better hieght then the daymaker

it looks like this in the pix probly cause i was kneeling down to get a head on shot , but i adjusted it as per instruction , and when i do this i always use the bench in my garage as the height it should be at , the light throws the same level as the filament and daymaker so im sure it wont be a problem - it also seems to throw more light in the area and side to side then the other 2 did
Thanks for the reply. It was hard to tell in your photos but I noticed in the photos on DK's website, it kind of looks like the light is always on highbeam with the light pattern. That is pretty much the only reason why I haven't bought this yet but you may have talked me into it.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:44 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior

the bucket can be adjusted even if you think its to high for yourself , but not once with the daymaker have i been flashed or yelled at for that reason.. as i said the height that shines on my bench is the hieght it was with the stock and daymaker lights ill try an get out this week if the weather lets me and have a way better answer for you all

Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by Troops141
In photos of this LED it looks like there isn't much of an upper cut off like with the stock one. Will this blind cars that you are following or are you able to adjust it so it isn't too bad?
I've been riding with these LED bulbs for a couple of years now...quite a bit of night time riding. I've never had anyone flash their lights at me.

We did test other bulbs where the light went everywhere...in the short time I tested them, I did get quite a few irritated drivers with those lights.

Look at the pic below...stock high beam and DK LED high beam are cutting off in the trees at about the same height. Difference is that the DK LED is much brighter.

There are tons of LED bulbs out there, and many of them shine light ***** nilly everywhere. Ours do not.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by elfnyc
the bucket can be adjusted even if you think its to high for yourself , but not once with the daymaker have i been flashed or yelled at for that reason.. as i said the height that shines on my bench is the hieght it was with the stock and daymaker lights ill try an get out this week if the weather lets me and have a way better answer for you all
Have you had a chance to get out and ride with your new LED yet?

Quick Reply: DK led h4 light