Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:04 PM
tflor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Anyone know what brand exhaust this is?

Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 PM
TheHHMF
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Samson Caliber, and from a quick check of their website looks like it's no longer produced. Though that does not mean a distributor won't have a set, check with Drag Specialties, they carry Samson pipes.

** That also appears to be the "Ray Price Special Edition" see this thread here

Last edited by TheHHMF; 05-26-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 AM
tflor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHHMF
Samson Caliber, and from a quick check of their website looks like it's no longer produced. Though that does not mean a distributor won't have a set, check with Drag Specialties, they carry Samson pipes.

** That also appears to be the "Ray Price Special Edition" see this thread here

Awesome thanks!
I just bought the bike, my first Harley.. I took the baffle out last night. Sound is big difference, can I ride ok like that or will it mess anything up?

Also , how do I touch up the engine find? They are very rough like.. Just don't want to ruin them.. Thanks again!!

Old 05-27-2016, 10:47 AM
TheHHMF
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by tflor
Awesome thanks!
I just bought the bike, my first Harley.. I took the baffle out last night. Sound is big difference, can I ride ok like that or will it mess anything up?

Also , how do I touch up the engine find? They are very rough like.. Just don't want to ruin them.. Thanks again!!
Looks like that bike's still running a stock air cleaner, in that case you should be fine. If you do any high flow air cleaner you will want to retune it.

The fins? Do some searching, it's not hard to clean them up. You could highlight them if you really want to touch it up.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:50 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by tflor
Awesome thanks!

If you took out your baffles, you probably lost some low-mid range torque. Try DK Custom TTIs...it's an inexpensive mod that will make a big difference. They have vids of exhausts with baffles removed.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:06 PM
sawka
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
If you took out your baffles, you probably lost some low-mid range torque. Try DK Custom TTIs...it's an inexpensive mod that will make a big difference. They have vids of exhausts with baffles removed.
I recommend these. The idea works beind adding a bit of back pressur elost but not in the conventional way of baffles. Cheap solution to get some nice torque back in your low end. I just run drag pipes with tti's and after i tuned it just right I can say it runs like a champ. Before when i ran baffles that i didnt modify it was rather sluggish.