Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Vintage Solo or Corbin Classic Solo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:47 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I can only speak for my experience with Mustang. I have a Mustang Vintage Solo which is very comfortable. A friend let me use his Wide Vintage Solo with backrest a few weeks ago and on a 150 mile ride it was awesome.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by atrox88
I can only speak for my experience with Mustang. I have a Mustang Vintage Solo which is very comfortable. A friend let me use his Wide Vintage Solo with backrest a few weeks ago and on a 150 mile ride it was awesome.

Thanks....are you saying the Wide Vintage is substantially better than the Vintage Solo?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:42 PM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

I have the Mustang Vintage Low Profile Solo seat on my ride. Love it, have done a 500 mile ride and no problems. Tongue is narrower and sits about an inch lower.

I had a rider back rest on the stock seat, actually needed it with stock bars. Stock seat okay for the ride. Changed the bars to the 14" chiseled and don't need the back rest anymore.
Still have the solo seat on her. You can see it in my sig

hscic (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 12:12 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by silveradoman2
I have the Mustang Vintage Low Profile Solo seat on my ride. Love it, have done a 500 mile ride and no problems. Tongue is narrower and sits about an inch lower.

I had a rider back rest on the stock seat, actually needed it with stock bars. Stock seat okay for the ride. Changed the bars to the 14" chiseled and don't need the back rest anymore.
Still have the solo seat on her. You can see it in my sig
And yet another version of the Vintage solo....a low profile. Never saw that one before....perhaps specific to touring models.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:05 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

I got to sit on a vintage yesterday and the seat is very firm....thought it would be cushy or perhaps I just have a boney butt.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
I got to sit on a vintage yesterday and the seat is very firm....thought it would be cushy or perhaps I just have a boney butt.
Don't even sit on a Corbin then. Bought a used Corbin for a Kawi Concours and that thing was a brick. Contacted Corbin about it and they said the foam must have dried up. Rebuild cost was almost the same as new when factoring in shipping.

When trying out seats think how a cushy sofa feels compared to a firm one.
Cushy feels great at first. *** starts to sink in the cushy one in about ten minutes and offers no support.
A firm one feels hard at first but doesn't feel bad after sitting on it for a long period of time.
Plenty of tailbone support for longer trips.

Last edited by Guzzi; 03-28-2017 at 05:27 PM.
hscic (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:34 PM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the mustang vintage solo on my sportster custom XL and is very comfortable. I have the wide mustang vintage solo on my Vaquero and is quite a bit wider but very comfortable as well being on a full size bike. I was originally going with the wide mustang vintage solo on my sporty but wasn't sure how it would look. I have always had mustang seats to replace stock and have been very happy.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guzzi
Don't even sit on a Corbin then. Bought a used Corbin for a Kawi Concours and that thing was a brick. Contacted Corbin about it and they said the foam must have dried up. Rebuild cost was almost the same as new when factoring in shipping.

When trying out seats think how a cushy sofa feels compared to a firm one.
Cushy feels great at first. *** starts to sink in the cushy one in about ten minutes and offers no support.
A firm one feels hard at first but doesn't feel bad after sitting on it for a long period of time.
Plenty of tailbone support for longer trips.
thanks for the explanation. Yeah figured it has to be somewhat firm to provide any kind of support

Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ballbreaker69
I have the mustang vintage solo on my sportster custom XL and is very comfortable. I have the wide mustang vintage solo on my Vaquero and is quite a bit wider but very comfortable as well being on a full size bike. I was originally going with the wide mustang vintage solo on my sporty but wasn't sure how it would look. I have always had mustang seats to replace stock and have been very happy.
thanks for the distinction between the wide and standard...if I pull the trigger, I am going with the vintage solo (not wide). Thanks again

Last edited by hscic; 03-28-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:29 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Thank you all for your input. If anyone is using the air hawk pad or HD circulator pad, please let me know how it is working for you.

Quick Reply: Mustang Vintage Solo or Corbin Classic Solo