Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TN State HOG Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:42 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default TN State HOG Rally

I intended to write a diary of the rally and post it here for any that are interested. After I got up to six pages, and still 2 days of the rally not documented, I decided that probably nobody wanted to read through all of that.

Let me just say, I had a BLAST!! Way more fun than I anticipated. If you're considering a HOG rally, I would say go for it. Now, not all HOG rallies are as much fun. At least that's what a couple I met from FL told me. They come up to the TN HOG rally every year, because, according to them, it's the best one in the Southeast. I don't know, it was my first one, but I'm now really looking forward to the National HOG rally in Knoxville in August.

I met people from as far away as Idaho, and a couple that rode his 06 Fire Red Pearl 883L from Ontario, Canada. There were a lot more Sportsters than I expected. We ended up having over 3,000 Harleys at the rally.

I will post some excerpts from the Diary as individual posts. But I don't think anyone really wants to read through the entire thing.

This is a link to some of the pictures I took during the rally.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m...20HOG%20Rally/

Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TN State HOG Rally

Thanks for the write up! I really hate that I missed it. It's good to know that it's a great rally for the future. I'm considering going to the one in Knoxville also.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

Let me know if you want to hookup and ride over in August. I'll probably either go over a day or 2 early, or stay a day or 2 afterwards (or both) The Rally is only 2 days, I'm sure I'll need more time over there than that to re-visit all of the great roads in the Smoky's.

I'm also thinking of riding up for the Canadian National HOG Rally Starting July 19th. It's in London, and that's where the couple I met on the Sportster live. They offered me the use of their guest room for the rally. Dunno, if I'll be able to make that one or not.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

Let me know if you want to hookup and ride over in August. I'll probably either go over a day or 2 early, or stay a day or 2 afterwards (or both) The Rally is only 2 days, I'm sure I'll need more time over there than that to re-visit all of the great roads in the Smoky's.

I'm also thinking of riding up for the Canadian National HOG Rally Starting July 19th. It's in London, and that's where the couple I met on the Sportster live. They offered me the use of their guest room for the rally. Dunno, if I'll be able to make that one or not.
That's cool, I've been to London, On. It's a pretty nice town. Talk about a long ride [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 06-04-2007, 09:42 PM
ontcanuck
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Never been to a HOG rally so am looking forward to the London one ,its our London Chapter.I volonteered for the weekend hope to see any of you forum friends there

Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ontcanuck

Never been to a HOG rally so am looking forward to the London one ,its our London Chapter.I volonteered for the weekend hope to see any of you forum friends there
Hey man, I met a couple from London here at the TN HOG rally. They rode down on an 06 Fire Red Pearl 883L. Do you know them? If not they are some great folks!!