Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint code OLIVE nightster

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
vertigoenigma
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint code OLIVE nightster

does anyone know the actual paint code of the olive denim nightster .
Yes I know I can take it to a paint supply and they can give me the code for 15-20$ If I take a painted part off the bike and they stick that special camera on the part. dont want to pay if I don't have too
For the record all paint stores near me charge for this process..

Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM
drum412
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Paint code OLIVE nightster

why would you just need the paint code formula. Each paint manufacturer will vary depending on their brand of paint, quality of the bases they carry, and the coloring system they use, so they'll more than likely have different formula's for the same color at various places.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
STEG
Road Captain

I've had to get a part painted and I spent for the extra 10$ that the harley paint would cost over the paint that they would need to supply and that i would imagine, you would have to pay for, and it matches perfectly, the guy wo did my paint said that he could get the paint close with the camera but if I wanted a perfect match to buy the harley paint, cause youll only need to pay for labor cause theres no clear on the denim paint (i think). What part are you painting on your nightster, if you dont mind me asking?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:55 PM
vertigoenigma
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Killah_Steg

I've had to get a part painted and I spent for the extra 10$ that the harley paint would cost over the paint that they would need to supply and that i would imagine, you would have to pay for, and it matches perfectly, the guy wo did my paint said that he could get the paint close with the camera but if I wanted a perfect match to buy the harley paint, cause youll only need to pay for labor cause theres no clear on the denim paint (i think). What part are you painting on your nightster, if you dont mind me asking?
My air cleaner cover much as I see you have done in you signature

Old 06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
STEG
Road Captain

HD painted that one for me, but they wouldnt paint the fairing for some reason. Im suprised you cant order a painted one, I thought they did all of the colors, they even had my 2 year run, color painted air cleaners.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
vertigoenigma
Advanced

They list "olive pearl"I dont think its the same. In any case it costs like 159$ish for the air cleaner cover they list. When apint of paint ranges 30-70$ unless you go radical.

Im a cheap @ss when Im fully capeable of doing the work myself.. slight variations in paint chemical make up will only be visable if you were blending two items together like a fender with a door or a hood next to top of fender items 10-12 inches away you will be hard pressed to tell the difference with lack of clear coat.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
STEG
Road Captain

What Air Cleaner cover do you want painted? The factory painted ones are 49.95$ on harleys site but they dont sell a primed one so you would have to get that paint stripped off, the parts catalog may have a primed one im not sure.

Olive pearl isnt the same color im almost certain, i was going to get an 06 olive pearl 1200c and it wasnt the same color Olive Denim could be Olive Pearl without clear on it.

They dont seem to sell any color denim parts painted from the factory. I bought the quart of my harley paint for 40$ I'd imagine denim is more.