Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. membership

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 05:30 AM
FORDTUFF
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.O.G. membership

About the only reason i would renew my membership is because of the roadside assistance, which i have never had to use , is it worth a darn , or not

Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: H.O.G. membership

I've got it andjust used "Roadside Assistance" for a tow that would have cost me $87.00, so the membership already paid for itself - plus...

Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
rbrunyan
Cruiser

Look for a local chapter in your area. Lot's of great people and rides. Our chapter, Turquoise Trail, in New Mexico is great. We do a lot with the dealer and hold quite a few rides and events. Worth it to me. Just my 2 cents....

Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest AAA for roadside assistance. HOG assistance is OK if you break down in the city and are only a few miles from a dealer. We had an experience where we went down in a not real remote area (only 20 miles from a dealer), but they didn't have anyone in THAT area to pick us up. We found a localbiker who had a trailer, and he got us home, then our dealer took care of us. HOG is good for the rally's!!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Cabo
Road Captain

I have it for RA which i dont know why cause I have towing on my Insurance as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never personally used it, but I was with another HOG member once that broke down. Her towing bill would have been over $100.

And since the State HOG Rally was pretty much in my back yard this year, I decided to attend. I really didn't expect much from that rally, but, surprisingly, I had a BLAST!! So much so, that I'm going to attend the National HOG rally next week. It's also fairly close to me, only about 200 miles, and it's over in my FAVORITE riding area. I can hear the Dragon calling me now!!

Last year I participated in the HOG ABC's of touring. Not so much for the rewards you can earn, but just for the fun of the activity. It got me out riding to some really great places that I would have never gone otherwise.

Next August HOG is planning a huge 105 anniversary celebration in Milwaukee. I love to visit Milwaukee.[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif] I'm certainly planning to ride up forthat event.

For me it's also worth it so I can join the local chapter. Yeah, thats another $20, but the chapter where I'm a member gives a 10% discount on all purchases to members of the local chapter. Other than that, I don't really like the my local chapter. Their motto is "We Ride". What a joke, I laugh everytime I read that in an email or other promotional material. From what I can tell, they spend more time coming up with reason NOT to ride. In January, it was TOO cold. Now, it's TOO Hot. They canceled the bike night for tomorrow because it's too HOT. I've also heard "that's just TOO far to ride". When they had a Christmas party last year, I of course rode my bike. When I got there, and saw only about 4 bikes parked in the area they had reserved for us, I thought I must be early. WRONG! once inside I couldn't tell who the other hand full of riders were. They all had on their leather jackets, vest, and chaps. What a bunch of RUB's! Most couldn't believe I had actually rode my bike to a biker party...Give me a break...how else would you go to a biker party??? I guess they were afraid there wouldn't be a place downtown to park their trailer so they had to leave the bike at home [sm=lol.gif]
There is another local chapter about 30 miles away that seams to be more suited to my liking, so I plan to also join it, and hold duel local chapter memberships. One for the discounts, and the other for fun.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have had to use it once and that was enough to make me a believer.
I was treated great, and the total was taken care of right on the spot.

Saint

Old 08-16-2007, 05:07 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master

A friend rode from Florida to Sturgis. She broke down half way across Florida while riding alone. The HOG towing took care of her and the mechanics rode with her for a few hundred miles. They were headed to Sturgis as well. Insurance is worthless except when you need it.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Booey424
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just used the roadside assistant a couple weeks ago.I broke down or I should say "I RAN OUTTA GAS" I don't know how it happened but it did.So I got my membership card out and called the 1-800 number and I talked to the foe about 10 minutes.Then they called me back and told me who was coming nd when.The guy towed my bike to the dealer about 10 miles away.It cost me nothing.I just signed an invoice and that was it.

By the way it cost me $40 for the dealer to tell me I was outta gas.But the tow was free

Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
evilscotsman
Road Warrior

It can save you bundles on bike rentals too. I was looking intorenting an Ultra Classicfor labor day and my Hog membership would have saved me around $50 a day for a three day rental.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. membership