Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock gauge mount......

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock gauge mount......

hey fellas former sporty rider here gone dyna!!! lol i have a request of you guys and hope it can be fulfilled. what im lookin for is someone whos switched out there bars or gauge mount and has there stock speedo mount that has the speedo on the backside of the risers. any takers i want the mount and top clamp, basiclly everthing but the speedo, and maybe the lights. it holds the standard speedo as all sporty and dynas do correct?? anyway if someone has one that would part with it for a reasonable price that would kick mucho a$$!! thanks guys

Old 09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: stock gauge mount......

You can actually purchase the XL/Dyna style bracket cheap and then mount it to your bar clamp over your headlight where the brow mount is.
Here's how I did it on my XL1200C when I did away with the integreted riser/speedo mount....

Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
hounddog
Tourer

well i got 4in risers and that looks too low to see very well. plus im still runnin the stock visor mount light. the 1200 customs gauge mount thats behind the risers would be perfect for what im tryin to do, thanks for the idea and it looks good but not what im goin for. so if anyone gots a clamp and mount like im talkin please email or pm me thanks

Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Give me a week or so I will have something for ya.I am waiting for my new dakota digitial speedp and mount to come in if you want pm me.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM
hounddog
Tourer

pm sent UTZ, thanks for the reply.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 AM
capttawes
Road Warrior

Sounds like you want the set up that I got rid of and like Utz has. I know for sure that the top clamp with speedo built in won't work with your stock risers as they will only fit the tall pulback riser that is stock on the 1200C. Additionally, if you go with the complete riser/speedo mount from the sportster I'm pretty sure that you will not have enough clearance over your current tank dash. What you need is the straight riser that had the integreted speedo mount in it as it will give you the same hgt. you have now and the speedo will be hanging over the tank. Actaully the set up that I have and suggested will work for you as most who do this mod. and want hgt. over the brow is just to move it up with extension sockets as spacers
like this...

The straight riser with speedo mount that would work best for you is like the one on this bike...

Old 09-05-2007, 11:13 AM
hounddog
Tourer

thats a pretty good idea, but id still need to buy the diff speedo bracket since on the new models its all together the top clamp and mount. but that would work. im still thinkin what i want to do will work, i just need to get straight risers cuz yes with that pull back to them ill hit my tank but i was measuring last night and it should work fine with straight ones. if they dont make straights i'll make them myself. will see what happens when utz gets his new setup done. thanks for the idea i like it.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 AM
hounddog
Tourer

ya isnt that straight riser setup from the early 01' sporty models and such??? thats really what id like i didnt realize till i asked for this setup that the newer ones have the pull back to the risers. anyone have this older setup???

Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
capttawes
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hounddog

ya isnt that straight riser setup from the early 01' sporty models and such??? thats really what id like i didnt realize till i asked for this setup that the newer ones have the pull back to the risers. anyone have this older setup???
Yes, I believe the straight riser and speedo mount setup was on some 2001-2003 models. I looked on ebay for ya but did not come up with anything. I've also seen some cool setups using 4" straight risers with cable clamps around the risers at desired hgt. with the gauge brackets bolted through the cable clamps like this one....

Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
hounddog
Tourer

i like that too, but the risers i have now are an oval shape, i could get new ones tho. ya i did a ebay search yesterday and got nuttin. thanks fro tryin

Quick Reply: stock gauge mount......