Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dropped now a copper colored leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: dropped now a copper colored leak

And yeah, Barbera is right!.....When turning keep your head up and look at where you want to go. Do not look down directly in front of bike.....When turning slow and tite, turn not just your head but your shoulders too.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Josh Welcome to the Elite Club[:@]
and when you are turning slow like that you have to move out of seat alittle.
These Guys gave you a wealth of info on this matter

Please Ride Safe and let that show off **** to someone else

Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
joshc19
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the advice!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like I should pitch this one in, just because it took me a while to get it (and I consider myself a fairly intelligent person)...

Everyone tells you to look through your turns. What they should say is turn your head in the direction you want to go. I remember being new and having problems with tight slow turns and u-turns. Once I realized that "looking through the turns" means cocking your head around like a barn owl my turns got instantly tight and smooth.

Forget about the little dropsey and keep riding. Since there is no photographic evidence, then it must not have happened.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:31 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: joshc19

I was making a slow tight right turn and it just fell over, I tried to hold it up but at 150 lbs theres only so much I can do. These bikes are a lot heavier than the yamaha that I used in the MSF course. I was busy trying to look cool too, as my friend was taking picture of me riding around, but instead of snapping one with me on the ground he ran over to help me up, I know if the same happened to him the first thing I would do would be to take a pic so I could make fun of him for years. On the first day! the bike didn't even have 12 miles on it!
Let us see the pics

Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it a 105th model, maybe it's just crying copper because you dropped it. Just kidding around with ya, I dropped my old sporty in my driveway doing a sharp turn in front of my garage door, thank god I haven't dropped the glide yet, I don't think I want to pick it up.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 AM
mech8251
Tourer

It's no big deal. I dropped my Ultra in the driveway. Motor was even shut off , both feet planted on the concrete (what I thought was planted) stand down and gee right foot slipped and away she went. At 175 pounds there's not much to catching the 800+ dead weight once it's past the cg. And yes it is a bear to get back up alone.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Just think of it this way...there's 2 kinds of bikers...those that will drop their bikes and those that have...welcome to the club.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
duster74gold
Advanced

I dropped mine on the third day I had it with about 30mi on the clock. It happens. Just keep riding and don't let the fall get you down!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joshc19
Hey everyone, I dropped my bike the other day and now there's a copper colored leak coming out of a circle on the top of the handle bar (next to the part that the rear view mirror is connected to) on the left side. It isnt very much, it looks like there is just a little bit but Im not sure if its because I dropped it or if thats normal. I only have about 52.5 miles on it.

Thanks,
Josh
Out of curiosity, is the copper colored fluid coming out of one of these two circles? Note one on top, right in front of Mr. Happy's face with silver trim and the other is a clear piece that Mr. Happy is pointing at.

If it is, you got a problem. That's your front brake master cylinder. I suspect this should be repaired before too long.

Quick Reply: dropped now a copper colored leak