Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Wolf4dk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Bell?

I have a 06 1200 custom. I got a bell from my step son for Xmas and it's been bothering me. I can't seem to find a spot to put it on the bike without having it rub on something like paint or chrome while going down the road.The bell thing is real special to me and I would like it to be with the bike. I thought about the backrest, but that is detachable. Any ideas?[/align][/align]Here, for people that don't know what I am talking about...[/align][/align]

THE LEGEND OF THE BELL

As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions. One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsiblefor most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hallow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive. The constant ring of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?) The bell has served its purpose.

If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work. But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you. [/align]

Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Harley Bell?

There's a little cross member on the frame up front...mine fit perfectly using the key ring.

You can kinda see it...(red circle).

Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mine is directly in front of the engine, zip tied to the frame, right under the voltage regulator, its very low to the ground and cannot touch a single thing where it is at. ill find a pic if you need one

Old 04-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Wolf4dk
Cruiser

No pic needed. I will take a look at mine to see what kind of room I have for it there. Thanks.[/align][/align]Oh, and even with my new loud slipons, I can still hear itring while I ride when I had it on my keychain. [/align]

Old 04-22-2008, 12:48 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I hear mine all the time...it needs to ring alot more and knock all them little money-grubbing gremlin ****ers off my bike once and for all. I swear, they SMELL payday coming. [:@]

Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 AM
dieselweasel
Cruiser

The one I got from a friend had a leather string on it that I attached it to my bike with. That might cure any paint rubbing you may have. Almost forgot, I tied mine to the frame on the lowest part in the front I could get to, don't know if that helps or not.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's where mine is:

Old 04-22-2008, 09:01 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is in the same place as Shu.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
hottrocker
Cruiser

so far as I know on the lower part of the frame behind the front tire is the standard location. Just like everyone else has said. Hanging off the handle bar is another but not really the most common place.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

No one has ever got me a bell

Quick Reply: Harley Bell?