Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back from the Stealer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
nightnurse716
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from the Stealer...

Just got back from the Stealer, had to bring back my bike , the battery was having a harder and harder time in starting her up, even though I would connect the battery tender everytime she sat in the garage. The stealer told me the battery was no good and they would change it no charge since it's still under the warrenty,the most frustating thing was not the two hour wait to finish my bike, but my bike is not even one year old, I thought the battery would last longer than that, hope this new one lasts.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Just got back from the Stealer...

Hey like anything sometimes theres a factory defect. atleast it was free.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Amzie
Road Captain

The battery in my 2005 was a 2004. So your battery might have been older too?? Even so, you would think they would last longer than that too.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem is that bikes often sit for long periods of time without being run.... Then they are started and run very briefly (e.g. short test ride, hear the engine)... Which only drains the battery...

Bikes should be cycled through battery tenders if possible... We try to do this at my dealership... But in all honesty, it doesn't always happen... This is definitely not an excuse... Just an explanation of how something like this could occur

If your dealership is reputable, they will replace the battery at no cost to you... It's a hassle, but I see how it could happen.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,729 Likes on 1,302 Posts

The battery in my new 07' F150 leaked and ate the paint off the inner fender. It happens

Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: nightnurse716

Just got back from the Stealer, had to bring back my bike , the battery was having a harder and harder time in starting her up, even though I would connect the battery tender everytime she sat in the garage. The stealer told me the battery was no good and they would change it no charge since it's still under the warrenty,the most frustating thing was not the two hour wait to finish my bike, but my bike is not even one year old, I thought the battery would last longer than that, hope this new one lasts.
P.S..... So they fixed the bike at "no charge to you" and you are still mad at the "stealer?".... Sounds like they did a pretty damn good job of fixing the problem to me... I'm guessing that if you use terms like the "stealer," to describe a situation like this... You may be a difficult person to deal with

Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
gilmour68
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I've noticed recently that on some occasions, the bike seems like it starts to turn over, then stops briefly (hesitates) for a half second then resumeds cranking and fires up. I've been riding to work for the past 2+ weeks so I don't think that it's due to the bike sitting idle. It is an '05 so maybe the battery is starting to lose its oomph. Think I'll take it out, check the water in the cells and connect it to my battery charger for a bit. Then I'll see what it does.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
KSCruiser
Banned

No offense to you nightnurse, but I agree with HighDesertKid. Why call it "stealer" when they took care of your problem? I've seen"stealer" or "stealership"onmany posts here and don't get it. If you take your bike to a "dealer" for warranty work, service or repair by your choice and they correct the problem...why dog on them?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My 04 still has the original battery in it

Old 05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: KSCruiser

No offense to you nightnurse, but I agree with HighDesertKid. Why call it "stealer" when they took care of your problem? I've seen"stealer" or "stealership"onmany posts here and don't get it. If you take your bike to a "dealer" for warranty work, service or repair by your choice and they correct the problem...why dog on them?
+1 ... Helll... +10

Quick Reply: Just got back from the Stealer...