Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Brandenton
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightster Gas Mileage

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I just bought my first bike ever about 3 weeks ago.&nbsp\\; I have an 08 Nightster (orange and black) with&nbsp\\;some Rine Hart Slip-ons and the S/E stage 1 A/C and get about 90 miles to the tank.&nbsp\\; Is this about what all you other Nightster owners are getting?&nbsp\\; Seems like I am filling up all the time.&nbsp\\; I might just be rideing more than I think!&nbsp\\; Thanx

Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM
bdorr67
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nightster Gas Mileage

I average around 42 with V&H slip ons, Heavy Breath intake, and race tuner. I got around 52 when I went on a 300 mile road trip.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1200 Low but that sounds about right...42-45 with 50+ on trips. I tend to be a little throttle happy with mine when I get on highway entrance ramps though
Teek

Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

I'm averaging about 40mpg. Also throttle happy here + lotsa stop and go riding.
Probably would pull closer to 43mpg if I could show more restraint! Nah...that's no fun! [sm=guilty.gif]
You should be getting closer to 120+ miles per tank - but you will be looking at the low fuel indicator for about 30 miles

Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Brandenton
6th Gear

I think I am going to have to take it into the dealership and ask them, whats going on.&nbsp\\; Thanx for all the input.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
hgiles
Cruiser

Brandenton, I think you're okay for a new bike.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; It'll get better, and you'll get used to it.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I get about 100 miles to the tank with mixed driving.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I think you're okay.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:19 AM
VBCH Nightster
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Brandenton

I think I am going to have to take it into the dealership and ask them, whats going on.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thanx for all the input.
How many miles do you have on your scoot? MPG improves as you break it in. I was getting 40-45 mpg after break-in and before my Shortshots and SE a/c were installed. I'm getting 45-50 mpg since.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Brandenton
6th Gear

I have around 750 miles on the bike.&nbsp\\; I sure hope that my MPG does get better after it gets broke in.&nbsp\\; I bought it with 356 miles on it, and the exhaust and intake came with the bike.&nbsp\\; So I would assume that the dealer would have made sure all the settings or re-map would have been done.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:20 AM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting 50+ mpg, mixture of city and highway miles.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:20 AM
GringoLoco
Cruiser

I have a SE stage 1 intake, V&amp\\;H Sideshots, and a PCIII and I get 35-36 mpg blasting around town and a little freeway here and there.&nbsp\\; I have a VERY lead wrist too, there's not much conservative driving there.&nbsp\\; When I take a road trip where I'm in motion most of the time, I get about 50 mpg even though I get on the throttle a lot still.&nbsp\\; So driving like a normal person I would think would get you 40 mpg city and 50-55 freeway (with my setup).&nbsp\\; Riding 90 miles on a tank doesn't really say much, your fuel light could be coming on early.&nbsp\\; Do you ever actually figure out your actual mpg by dividing miles travelled by gallons put in?&nbsp\\; I do it in all my vehicles with every fill up, it's a good way to notice if something is going wrong early before you'd normally notice.&nbsp\\; The gas mileage in my Jeep was down a couple over just a few weeks, so checked my records and realized I was due for an oil change, and upon inspection my air filter was dirty.&nbsp\\; New oil, filter, and air filter and my mpg went back up 2 mpg to where it's supposed to be.

Quick Reply: Nightster Gas Mileage