Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to make a point here**Updated check first post**

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trying to make a point here**Updated check first post**

Let me know what you guys think. My forward control extension idea seemed to work pretty good and as most of you know I made and sold 10 sets of em. well the very last set I sold via ebay wasn't a happy sale. I get an email on my iphone 3 times this weekend while I'm on vacation at bike week from the buyer whos name appears in the auction but I'd prefer to not mention names how ever the only way to get my point across is to show the actual auction. He states that I misled him into thinking I was selling something I wasn't and that he can't help but feel ripped off. Also he goes on to write that the 180 shipped price, was not worth my product and that it's worth maybe 50 bucks!!! It seems that the buyer has mid controls and thought I was selling forward controls. The only questions he asked me was if they would fit short shots and on what ever year bike his was and I said yes these will work with your bike. I was never told that it had mid controls nor does it even seem like I am selling forwards. Well here it is my friends the ACTUAL ebay auction. this is not retyped and has not been modified in any way, this is straight out of my ebay account after the sale was made which means it can't be edited anyway. (p.s. the first line pretty much sums up my whole complaint)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...259677118&rd=1

Now the question......... Not only is pressing the buy it now button a contract agreement, but by doing so it screws me from selling that set to someone else unless I replace the auction and pay more ebay fees. The parts were sent out to the buyer and he wants a refund. He says he will pay for the shipping back so a full refund is not necessary. I look at it as paying ebay fees then paypal fees and then shipping fees, not to mention I spent time packaging it up and running to the post office. I would like to run my small garage machine shop like a professional shop and gladly give a refund however I take rude comments seriously and the 50 dollar comment and the getting ripped off comment, did come off as rude to me. Like I said I sold 9 other sets of these and every single person wrote me back saying how much nicer it is with a little more leg room, or how nicely the craftsmanship is and not one person said wow this is nice but not worth the money. do a search for extensions there not cheap if you can find em. I may be crying for nothing here but I'm just looking for some feed back. should I give him a refund or should I say **** you, you should have read the auction before bidding???

Here it is right from my email!!!! The Verdict straight from Paypal/Ebay, I left out the personal info but you get the point.

Based on PayPal's definition of significantly not-as-described, this claim
does not qualify for a refund for the following reason:

We found the seller to have accurately represented the item(s) in question.

Please review the User Agreement for more information. This case is
considered closed.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c.../ua/ua-outside

We encourage you to work directly with the buyer to find a resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Old 06-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Trying to make a point here. let me know

Looking at the auction again I realized I put a link to hdforums which shows better pics and also there is posts that talk about em and would most likely have told buyers that these will not work with mids. I still think the first like is what it is and that the buyer didn't even read a god damn thing.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

On another note, can you make something like this out of alluminum?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It's about 8x11x1/2

Old 06-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Azwethinkweiz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id tell him the auction clearly stated they extended forward controls but did not include the forward controls themselves... Sounds to me like he spent money he didnt have and is now in a bind trying to find an excuse to return them...&nbsp\\; BUT, only having 79 feedback a negative could hurt.&nbsp\\; Tough call, I would probably give him the refund just to shut him up and save my ebay rep.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

im thinking if he gives me a negative I can fight it and explain that he is giving me a negative due to him not reading the auction and not receiving what he thought he was ordering. wow that was confusing!!!! anyway he can't give me a negative without proper reason and get away with it can he?

Old 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Terp84Alum

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

On another note, can you make something like this out of alluminum? \\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; It's about 8x11x1/2

let me guess, sissy bar rack??? to answer your question yes and no. yes I could make that and no I can't without proper measurements. sorry

Old 06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Azwethinkweiz
Tourer

I think he can give it regardless,&nbsp\\; have you already left feedback for him?&nbsp\\; If not, refuse the refund and let him give you negative and give him one as well, then see if ebay can do anything about it to resolve the issue.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

The bad thing is that it clearly says you do not supply the forward controls. In my opinion he did not bother to read the auction, that is why when we sell now we put anything that could be remotely misunderstood in bold, red, 24 font so there is no confusion.

The bad thing is EBay will do nothing if he gives you a negative and you can only give him a positive, not a negative or a neutral. I personally would not refund the money and reply to the negative that the auction stated that no controls were included. As much as a negative sucks, it sounds like even if you gave him his money back he would give you one anyway.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

yes to all. i will def respond to the neg and defend myself and also put it in future auctions that my one neg is from some ******* who didnt read the auction haha maybe he will not be a jerk after all and not give me a neg cause in reality it is his fault so maybe he will understand that.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:59 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

Don't count on it. The thing that sucks is you cannot give him a negative, but I have learned from dealing with EBay, they never get involved unless you owe them money. He can give you a totally undeserved negative and they will do nothing

Quick Reply: Trying to make a point here**Updated check first post**