Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Tripper Solo Seat vs. Corbin Hollywood Seat

Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 PM
hendo70
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Tripper Solo Seat vs. Corbin Hollywood Seat

Alright guys looking to purchase either a Mustang Tripper Solo Seat or Corbin Hollywood&nbsp\\;solo seat for my Nightster.&nbsp\\; Obviously, from a price perspective Mustang is the way to go.&nbsp\\; However, I'm interested what people think from a comfort perspective, and I'm willing to pay a little more for the Corbin if that is the best choice.&nbsp\\; Interested in hearing opinions from&nbsp\\;any of you that have these seats on your Sportsters.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:04 PM
fordradio
Intermediate
Default RE: Mustang Tripper Solo Seat vs. Corbin Hollywood Seat

I replaced my stock seat with the Tripper Solo and it made a world of difference. I don't have experience with the Corbin, but you can't go wrong with Mustang.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 AM
bshearn
Novice

Really happy with my Tripper Solo. My rear is pleased too. Ridden 100 miles straight without having to get off the bike. You could save the extra money for other accessories!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:06 AM
hendo70
Novice

That is what I was thinking in regards to saving money and still having comfort with the Mustang Tripper.&nbsp\\; I have quite a list of accessories that still need to be added to the bike.&nbsp\\; Customization of a bike is evil on the bank account.
&nbsp\\;
If anybody&nbsp\\;has any thoughts on the Corbin I would be interesting in hearing you thoughts.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks again!!&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Lord Bundrick
Cruiser

Hendo, there is a member Elvis Nixon who has the Corbin on his nightster and it looks pretty cush- here is a link to a speedo relocation thread, but has good pics of his seat too https://www.hdforums.com/m_3529779/tm.htm
&nbsp\\;
nice, guy and i am sure he would let you know how he likes it.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Lord Bundrick

Hendo, there is a member Elvis Nixon who has the Corbin on his nightster and it looks pretty cush- here is a link to a speedo relocation thread, but has good pics of his seat too https://www.hdforums.com/m_3529779/tm.htm
\\\\\\;
nice, guy and i am sure he would let you know how he likes it. \\\\\\;
Why thank you Lord Bundrick! I can't remember the last time anyone said I was a nice guy.lol! My GF thinks I'm pretty mean and grouchy most of the time....

Anyway, I really like my seat alot and to be fair I have never tried the Tripper so my opinion is obviously one-sided. Here is what I wrote in a recent thread asking me about the seat so I'll just paste it here. If you have any other questions Hendo, feel free to ask.

I can ride all day if I want to with no discomfort. I'm 5'11" and it sits me back about an inch or so which helps. Corbins are firm and will take 500-1000 miles to really break-in. I have about 8,000 miles on my seat and it feels like it was custom molded to my butt. The leather seating surface also helps the seat to mold to yer azz and in the heat down here in SC the breathability is nice too. You will be happy with it.

I've heard some horror stories about Corbin's customer support over the years but I had no problems with them.