Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed new Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1

Old 12-13-2008, 03:22 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just installed new Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1 (new pics added)

Hey guys,

Just installed my new Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1 yesterday and thought I'd put up a couple pics.
With the cold and windchill now I won't be test riding until tomorrow or Mon. if time permits but otherwise pleased with the look and sound. I'd been deliberating over this for some time since I actually decided I wanted something a little more quiet and deeper rumble not to mention more power which most 2-1 offer vs. 2-2. The toss ups has been between Supertrapp and Thunder header mostly (I prefer the look of the super trapp actually) but price always dictates decisions at times.

Like most I was beginning to think Ebay never has deals and we all know Harley dealers don't have deals and most bargain shops still want over $500 for this system....well I lucked into finding a buy it now or make offer deal on ebay from a harley/metric dealer in NY. The complete system, new in box (box still stapled from the factory and all parts sealed in plastic and molded foam) was listed for $500 (just a bit less than some shops sell it for). So since I was only half-heartedly looking to buy and really did not have money to spend I offered them $300 figuring I would just not get it and would say the heck with it for now. 2 days later the shop emails me a invoice saying I won the best offer deal on Ebay. I paid for it Mon. morning and it arrived Tues. afternoon. Now that has to be some kind of deal in anyones book.

Will probably post better pics later and a review. Otherwise I'm well pleased with the purchase and it was in perfect condition, easy to install and I only have an issue with a heatshield not fitting close enough in the middle which I will get swapped from the mfr. later.

***By the way, anyone interested I posted an ad in the classifieds over on XLF for my SEII slash out slip ons with both std. baffles and Big City Thunder Monster baffles here: http://xlforum.net/pp_classified/sho...1&cat=4&page=1

Sorry bout the Xlforum reference but thats where the pics are now till I upload some new ones and their classifieds for sportsters gets more looks than it getting buried on HDF classifieds.

Last edited by capttawes; 12-15-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: new pics
Old 12-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Lindsey141
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck of a deal. And look really good.
Let us know how they are on the road.
Looks like they might affect your right turn clearence.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 PM
x2lee
Banned

nice looking setup, good price too.. you are gonna love the extra horses....

Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 PM
tom071200c
Road Master

Looks good! Just went 2 into 1 on mine and I love it. Ebay deal also...

Old 12-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Shadow_Demon
Cruiser

Those do look good. Wonder if I can get them for a 2008.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 AM
capttawes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Shadow_Demon
Those do look good. Wonder if I can get them for a 2008.
For 07-09 models look for part number 828-71202
They come in black or chrome. I liked the black too but it was not gloss black but more flat if I recall and looks worn/fadded after some use and shows scratches real bad.

I'm anxious to give them a whirl but temps. are still on the low side right now but should get to 40s this afternoon.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Shadow_Demon
Cruiser

ok, thx. I still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to put on, but they do look good. Thought about Super Trapp slipons or maybe the SE's. Now I'm not sure.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Shadow_Demon
ok, thx. I still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to put on, but they do look good. Thought about Super Trapp slipons or maybe the SE's. Now I'm not sure.
Slip-ons in most cases are cheaper no doubt and maintain that typical Harley sound but 2-1s of any brand outperform 2-2 and sound really good (deep and throaty but nothing like a sportbike sound).

I put in about 30 miles this afternoon with my new 2-1. Having run my SEIIs for a couple years and the last 6 months with the BCT baffles I can say hands down there is a clear and noticeable gain over 2-2. Roll-on acceleration is very noticeable throughout the rev band and throttle response is a little snappier. I liked the sound of my SEIIs with the BCTs but it was on the loud side and I really love the sound of the Supermeg as its mellow and deep until you throttle up and though no where near as loud as the SE its more like a hopped up chevy or hemi sound going through the gears.
I did notice that my shift points changed (going by my ear and speed). I'm winding out the gears a little more than before and on top staying in 4th much longer at cruise speed (hanging in 4th till well over 55) and not feeling like I'm revving all that much.

I love the torque and being able to tune it within my riding style with the discs. (a factor that swayed me over the thunderheader or sampson, that and price and of course having owned a supertrapp before).

Lean angle though I was careful today was not much of a compromise with my 11.5" shocks and front end dropped 3/4". Of course I became a little more accustom to reduced lean from having run 11" shocks for about 6k miles in the past. I can see that if thrown over hard the collector area on the front header will contact before the rear pipe will but nonetheless I don't tend to ride that way often. The collector and front header sit about level with the frame rails and out just a tad more than stock headers whereas the rear of the pipe falls into about the same postion as the SE rear slipon did.

Last edited by capttawes; 12-15-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
ghostflames
Advanced

Always been a fan of the 2-1...and those are some nice ones. Great job!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 PM
goinsideways136
Road Captain

thats a clean looking 2-1!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed new Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1