Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a slim dot helmet?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
foster617
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a slim dot helmet?

I am looking for a dot helmet that doesnt feel or look so big. Last year i rode with a novelty helmet. This year with my new pipes i will need to be legal with everything else. What type of helmets are those that have to wear them using?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Comrade
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Try www.carbonfiberhelmets.com these are pretty slim and cool.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, I love my head trip from carbon fiber helmets . com

Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Saddlecreek
Novice

same here, bought the bell drifter, the thing was huge sent it back.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You did not say if you were looking for half or 3/4 but I'm assumming 1/2. Look at www.jafrum.com or www.daytonahelmets.com . I've had one of the Jafrums for awhile, its DOT, cheap and the sides are only about 3/4" out from your head on the sides and about 1" off the top so its pretty slim. Not as slim as the carbon fibers but not much larger in over all dimensions if you look at both side to side, back and hgt. measurements. I'd have one of the carbon helmets if it were not for the $$ but lately I've tired of wind noise and wearing ear plugs for long rides so I'm going to one of the daytona 3/4 which fits slimmer than fulmers and about the same as biltwells and its DOT.
You can also pull the top pad on most of the cheap slimmer helmets and shave 1/4" off the foam and it will sit nice and low while still offering as much protection as the 1/2-5/8 foam plus padding the carbon fiber helmets offer.

Last edited by capttawes; 02-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
scotty-j
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

werd...carbonfiberhelmets is the way to go for a half lid, if you want an openface unit check out fulmer, aimag just had a write up saying they are one of the slimmest open faces (V2 model).

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/

Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by capttawes
You did not say if you were looking for half or 3/4 but I'm assumming 1/2. Look at www.jafrum.com or www.daytonahelmets.com . I've had one of the Jafrums for awhile, its DOT, cheap and the sides are only about 3/4" out from your head on the sides and about 1" off the top so its pretty slim. Not as slim as the carbon fibers but not much larger in over all dimensions if you look at both side to side, back and hgt. measurements. I'd have one of the carbon helmets if it were not for the $$ but lately I've tired of wind noise and wearing ear plugs for long rides so I'm going to one of the daytona 3/4 which fits slimmer than fulmers and about the same as biltwells and its DOT.
You can also pull the top pad on most of the cheap slimmer helmets and shave 1/4" off the foam and it will sit nice and low while still offering as much protection as the 1/2-5/8 foam plus padding the carbon fiber helmets offer.
x2 on the daytona. i have one of those and they actually market their helmets as the slimmest d.o.t. out there. i love mine, it even came with a do-rag.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
jtaylor
Tourer

I just got 3/4 fulmer I like it better than the 1/2 helmet I had , it made my head look like a mushroom.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

i just got one of the daytona carbon fiber half helmets last week,they claim to have the smallest dot helmet available, its thinner than my other dot helmets that i have but not quite as thin as i was hoping,it is light weight and the chin straps suck on it,if i had to do it all over again i would look elsewhere..

Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
foster617
Advanced
Default fulmer

Originally Posted by jtaylor
I just got 3/4 fulmer I like it better than the 1/2 helmet I had , it made my head look like a mushroom.
I was checking out the fulmer v2 i remember wearing helmets like that when i was a kid snowmobiling cool looking old school helmet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for a slim dot helmet?