Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Sportster Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by: Rush Racing Products

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Hang Around
Default Power Commander V on 2007-2008 Sportsters

Is there any reason why I couldn't install this on my 2008 Nightster and use the PC-V maps off the Power Commander website? Is there any difference between the 2008's and the 2009's?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Road Master
Send a message via AIM to Hal64hd Send a message via Yahoo to Hal64hd

It depends on the base map in the ecm, If the maps in the ecm are the same for 08-09 then there is no problem. But its best to have it checked on a dyno. There is also the option of adding the autotune module.
2006 VRSCA, Powerline Style exhaust, Floorboards, Ricks 5 gallon fuel tank,Thundermax, Duramax 2 Bar sensor, Slipper Clutch, 30 tooth HDI sprocket, RICOR INTIMINATORS, RICOR REAR SHOCKS, Turbo Connection Aerocharger Turbo

I refuse to have a battle of intelligence with a unarmed person
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Prospect

watdog,
you shouldn't have any issues, I am running the PC 5 on my 08 nighster and it is doing just fine. But I will make this disclaimer, I did get mine from Fuelmoto and it came preconfigured with a map for my setup. The main fact is, that I am running it and very happy with it.
PC 5, Progressive 412's 11.5".

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred." - S. C.

Last edited by harley6six; 05-04-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Road Master

Man, after what soup(another nightster owner here) has been going through with his bike medusa, which i believe had a PC V, I would be leary about them things unless I was absolutely sure it was for my bike and my setup.

A brave man will not live forever, but a coward will never live at all
Old 05-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Hang Around

Thanks for the responses. The main reason I am concerned is I am not done modding my bike, and I want the freedom of not having to go to fuel moto everytime I change something on my bike. It's probably not as big a deal as I am making it out to be.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Road Captain
Send a message via MSN to soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stng_96 View Post
Man, after what soup(another nightster owner here) has been going through with his bike medusa, which i believe had a PC V, I would be leary about them things unless I was absolutely sure it was for my bike and my setup.
It could be the tech was an idiot, or it could be a bad PC5, but I'm spooked on them. They are doing a complete rebuild on my engine because of a meltdown, I told them to drop kick the PC5, I'm gonna contact the manufacturer and ship it back to them, see if it is defective, I will probably go to the SERT in the future. For right now I'm gonna be happy just getting her back before the summer hits.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Hang Around
Default PCV in 2007 Sportster?

Guys, I really need some help....

Here in Brazil our gas with 25% of ethanol on it chemical composition, so to find the best setup we usually pick up a map and modify to attend our gas.Is impossible find a map to match with our accessories and gas....

Is it possible use PCV in a 2007 EFI Sportster?? Probally only the base maps on ECM are different between models, right?

Thanks a lot
Old 12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Hang Around

I'm running a PCV on my 07 1200. Works fine. Ran great with the fuel moto map, ran great with a map from dynojet, runs better with autotune.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Road Captain
Send a message via MSN to soup

The PC V was not the issue whith Medusa. After 5 breakdowns and sitting in the shop ALL Summer, they finally figured out the issues with my bike. ( At least I hope they have ) near as can be told, and this is just an opinion, my problem stemmed from a factory defect. In the end they had to completely re-build the top and bottom on the bike, replacing everything from the flywheel and cam shaft ( Both heavily damaged ) to the pushrods, valves, cams, pistons, new oil pump, all new lines, etc etc etc. Basically if it was in the engine and moved....they replaced it.The bike was laid up for 6 months because of legal issues ( which are still ongoing) and is finally home. Unfortunately the weather has not gotten above 29 degrees, and we had 2 feet of snow so I have not had a real oppurtunity to run her. I sold the PC V to Midnight nad he does not have any issues running it on his set-up.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Hang Around

Thanks men...

I really don't understand the reason why on PC site they only recommends the PCIII to my model year bike....
I used to use COBRA FI2000R, but I thinking to upgrade to 1250cc and probally PCV is the best choice to my bike, or not?

thanks

883 R Mat Orange, Drag bar, COBRA FI2000R, V&H Outlaw
Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 PM

P

Tags
2007, 2008, 30, black, clutch, comander, commander, davidson, harley, hdi, nightster, power, rush, slip, slipper, sportster, sprocket