Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Sportster Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by: Rush Racing Products

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
WH1ZZER's Avatar
WH1ZZER WH1ZZER is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 86
Default Lepera Barebones on Nightster..

I'm thinking of gettin' a Lepera Barebones for my Nightster, does anyone have any pictures of their Nightster with one fitted they could post? I'm not too sure of the Corbin as it looks a little too fat for my bike...anyone have any views?
I've done a search but can't seem to come up with much.....

The Barebones looks to be similar to the stock seat, is it thinner, fatter....is it leather? The pictures I have seen on Drag Specialties make it look quite shiny, which I'm not too keen on. A dull or flat black would be better....

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 AM
soup's Avatar
soup soup is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 574
Send a message via MSN to soup
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH1ZZER View Post
I'm thinking of gettin' a Lepera Barebones for my Nightster, does anyone have any pictures of their Nightster with one fitted they could post? I'm not too sure of the Corbin as it looks a little too fat for my bike...anyone have any views?
I've done a search but can't seem to come up with much.....

The Barebones looks to be similar to the stock seat, is it thinner, fatter....is it leather? The pictures I have seen on Drag Specialties make it look quite shiny, which I'm not too keen on. A dull or flat black would be better....

Cheers
check my albums you will see plenty of pics. Been running the barebones since i bought my ride. It is a lot thinner than the stock. It is not leather it is vinyl.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
UKNightster's Avatar
UKNightster UKNightster is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 53
Default

This might give you an idea...put it on the nightster about a month ago and loving it. Certainly gives more support over stock and fit and finish is top notch.
Attached Thumbnails
Lepera Barebones on Nightster..-dsc00402.jpg   Lepera Barebones on Nightster..-dsc00400.jpg  

Last edited by UKNightster; 05-21-2009 at 06:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM
PHAT A$$'s Avatar
PHAT A$$ PHAT A$$ is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 416
Default

I have the barebones on my sporty... I would reccomened the danny gray or c&c seats, IMO. I got the barebones only cause I got a deal on it, I think the c&c look the best.

It's no question thinner than stocker, lowers you down some, mine is LESS comfortable than stock was. But, I was expecting that with a "bare bones" seat! Also, as soup said it's vinyl not leather. I like it though, just think the other two are better lookin' seats.

Let us know what you decide.

Jason
__________________

AKA - PHATTY
04' Sportster 883, Screamin' Eagle A/C, Hooker Troublemakers, Burley Slammer Kit, and LePera Solo Seat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
PHAT A$$'s Avatar
PHAT A$$ PHAT A$$ is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNightster View Post
This might give you an idea...put it on the nightster about a month ago and loving it. Certainly gives more support over stock and fit and finish is top notch.
what seat do you have on in that pic? I have a bare bones and it doesn't look like that one...

Here is the best shot I could find of my seat.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jason
__________________

AKA - PHATTY
04' Sportster 883, Screamin' Eagle A/C, Hooker Troublemakers, Burley Slammer Kit, and LePera Solo Seat.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Tike71's Avatar
Tike71 Tike71 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT A$$ View Post
what seat do you have on in that pic? I have a bare bones and it doesn't look like that one...

Here is the best shot I could find of my seat.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jason
Both are barebones actually. The styling change for 07-09 due to the EFI ECM
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM
WH1ZZER's Avatar
WH1ZZER WH1ZZER is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 86
Default

Thanks for all the replies, I'm shocked that it is made of vinyl thought it would have been leather, if it is vinyl it can't be any better that the stock seat...I'l take a look at the ones PHAT A$$ mentioned.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
WH1ZZER's Avatar
WH1ZZER WH1ZZER is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 86
Default

Soup...just checked out your album, I like your Number Plate or Licence Plate as you call them....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
PHAT A$$'s Avatar
PHAT A$$ PHAT A$$ is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH1ZZER View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I'm shocked that it is made of vinyl thought it would have been leather, if it is vinyl it can't be any better that the stock seat...I'l take a look at the ones PHAT A$$ mentioned.....
Also, don't know if it makes any diffrence but, I noticed c&c has a U.S. and an Aussie web-site... Didin't know if one country is better tha other for you being in the UK.

Keep us posted.

Jason
__________________

AKA - PHATTY
04' Sportster 883, Screamin' Eagle A/C, Hooker Troublemakers, Burley Slammer Kit, and LePera Solo Seat.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
 
 
 
P
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LePera Barebones question CACruiserHD Dyna Glide Models 22 09-18-2014 07:18 AM
LePera BareBones 06+ softail POWERLINEMAN Softail Parts 12 01-21-2013 03:57 PM
Any1 have the lepera charcoal sparkle?? alika808 Softail Models 5 05-10-2012 11:44 PM
Fatboy ape hanger question rosshog Softail Models 20 06-15-2010 02:08 PM
Lepera Barebone solo seat, anyone? 128auto Sportster Models 20 11-18-2006 08:19 PM


Tags
04, bare, barebone, barebones, bones, fat, harley, lapera, le, lepera, nightster, pera, pics, seat, sportster


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join HDForums

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Internet Brands, Inc.