Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Sportster Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by: Rush Racing Products

P

Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Hang Around
Default Lepera Barebones on Nightster..

I'm thinking of gettin' a Lepera Barebones for my Nightster, does anyone have any pictures of their Nightster with one fitted they could post? I'm not too sure of the Corbin as it looks a little too fat for my bike...anyone have any views?
I've done a search but can't seem to come up with much.....

The Barebones looks to be similar to the stock seat, is it thinner, fatter....is it leather? The pictures I have seen on Drag Specialties make it look quite shiny, which I'm not too keen on. A dull or flat black would be better....

Cheers
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Road Captain
Send a message via MSN to soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH1ZZER View Post
I'm thinking of gettin' a Lepera Barebones for my Nightster, does anyone have any pictures of their Nightster with one fitted they could post? I'm not too sure of the Corbin as it looks a little too fat for my bike...anyone have any views?
I've done a search but can't seem to come up with much.....

The Barebones looks to be similar to the stock seat, is it thinner, fatter....is it leather? The pictures I have seen on Drag Specialties make it look quite shiny, which I'm not too keen on. A dull or flat black would be better....

Cheers
check my albums you will see plenty of pics. Been running the barebones since i bought my ride. It is a lot thinner than the stock. It is not leather it is vinyl.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Hang Around

This might give you an idea...put it on the nightster about a month ago and loving it. Certainly gives more support over stock and fit and finish is top notch.
Attached Thumbnails
Lepera Barebones on Nightster..-dsc00402.jpg   Lepera Barebones on Nightster..-dsc00400.jpg  

Last edited by UKNightster; 05-21-2009 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Senior Rider

I have the barebones on my sporty... I would reccomened the danny gray or c&c seats, IMO. I got the barebones only cause I got a deal on it, I think the c&c look the best.

It's no question thinner than stocker, lowers you down some, mine is LESS comfortable than stock was. But, I was expecting that with a "bare bones" seat! Also, as soup said it's vinyl not leather. I like it though, just think the other two are better lookin' seats.

Let us know what you decide.

Jason

AKA - PHATTY
04' Sportster 883, Screamin' Eagle A/C, Hooker Troublemakers, Burley Slammer Kit, and LePera Solo Seat.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNightster View Post
This might give you an idea...put it on the nightster about a month ago and loving it. Certainly gives more support over stock and fit and finish is top notch.
what seat do you have on in that pic? I have a bare bones and it doesn't look like that one...

Here is the best shot I could find of my seat.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jason

AKA - PHATTY
04' Sportster 883, Screamin' Eagle A/C, Hooker Troublemakers, Burley Slammer Kit, and LePera Solo Seat.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Road Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT A$$ View Post
what seat do you have on in that pic? I have a bare bones and it doesn't look like that one...

Here is the best shot I could find of my seat.
Click the image to open in full size.

Jason
Both are barebones actually. The styling change for 07-09 due to the EFI ECM
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Hang Around

Thanks for all the replies, I'm shocked that it is made of vinyl thought it would have been leather, if it is vinyl it can't be any better that the stock seat...I'l take a look at the ones PHAT A$$ mentioned.....
Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Hang Around

Soup...just checked out your album, I like your Number Plate or Licence Plate as you call them....
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH1ZZER View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I'm shocked that it is made of vinyl thought it would have been leather, if it is vinyl it can't be any better that the stock seat...I'l take a look at the ones PHAT A$$ mentioned.....
Also, don't know if it makes any diffrence but, I noticed c&c has a U.S. and an Aussie web-site... Didin't know if one country is better tha other for you being in the UK.

Keep us posted.

Jason

AKA - PHATTY
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM

P