Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1200 Sportster vs Roadstar Warrior = upset Warrior riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Sick1200
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'm actually impressed that there's that many metric riders who are sticking up for sporty's. I did like the "although a girl bike.....the 1200 ain't no slouch" comment, lol.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:43 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I only do Harley forums, I guess I'm a one brand guy

Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not bashing the sporty at all but did that guy just ever stop to think maybe he just sucks *** at riding??? If in theory your bike is more powerfull but you still lose everytime maybe it is cuz you SUCK!! Haha. Sporties kick *** and I love riding my nightser.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
RacingJake
Tourer

I like how one guy said the rider really doesn't matter .............. yeah right

Same bike two riders, one can 60ft at 1.90 and the other can 60ft at 1.60 so who do you think is going to win??

It's cats like these's that make me a rich man.

Last edited by RacingJake; 07-31-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Travis...... stirring it up over here too. I am one of *****' old Warrior riding buddies. I used to be one of the Harley bashers over there at RSWarrior .... until I ended up with my Fat Bob just over a year ago.
What a superb bike the 'Bob has been for me, so satisfying for riding and the overall ownership experience. Of, course for my Fat Bob to be able (with equal riders) to keep up either in a straight line or in the twisties with a stock Warrior, I had to dump a few thousand $$$$ in the engine room and suspension.
Now, a stock XR1200 would run circles around a Warrior.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
nicktn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shag67
heh heh
You guys should get a kick out of a thread that's going on over on the Yamaha Roadstar Warrior forum right now. For those of you unfamiliar with the Warrior it's a pretty stout bike. 1670cc air-cooled V-twin. Apparently a Warrior rider went up against a Sportster 1200 rider and got his *** handed to him. The Sportster rider claims his bike is stock and it's not going over well with the Warrior crowd. Not sure if you have to have an account to read this or not but here's some details:
(heh heh... i love stirring up trouble... )
http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/139234.aspx
That's no surprise - I have a 883 Sportster and the other day on an open road, I beat out a V-MAX easily. I also beat a Suzuki Hayabusa on acceleration. Harley is only second to Victory - Does anybody know more about Victory engine that is so good? I hate those Victory, I don't care about the Japanese bike because they're Rice Cookers but I really think The Victory (especially Hammer) is the best bike in the US.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sick1200
Wow, I'm actually impressed that there's that many metric riders who are sticking up for sporty's. I did like the "although a girl bike.....the 1200 ain't no slouch" comment, lol.
yep...sportsters are a girls bike....

Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Osco
Account Deactivated
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Shag67
Oh, the Yamaha Warriors are not jokes. I had a '05 Warrior and rode the p!ss out of it. That's why I'm over on the Warrior forum still. Good group of guys overall. They bash Harleys a lot over there, though and I just got a kick out of watching them squirm in the thread I pointed out. Here's a pic of my old Warrior:
Yeah man that Warrior Is one sweet looker,,I'd ride that, Best lookin
Sportster copy I have ever seen.
Makes the Honda Shadow look cheap.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nicktn
That's no surprise - I have a 883 Sportster and the other day on an open road, I beat out a V-MAX easily. I also beat a Suzuki Hayabusa on acceleration. Harley is only second to Victory - Does anybody know more about Victory engine that is so good? I hate those Victory, I don't care about the Japanese bike because they're Rice Cookers but I really think The Victory (especially Hammer) is the best bike in the US.
You beat a V-MAX and a Hayabusa on the open road huh? What are you smoking. As a former 1200 owner, that bike was fun to ride, but is not in the same class as either of those bikes. I have ran against my brother's V-MAX, not even close..

Old 11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by nicktn
I also beat a Suzuki Hayabusa on acceleration.

uhhhh...yeah...OK... Not sure if anything on the planet can accelerate faster than a 'busa...maybe an F-22

Quick Reply: 1200 Sportster vs Roadstar Warrior = upset Warrior riders