Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardtail weld on kits???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 PM
moresky
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtail weld on kits???

For the brave few on this forum who have used them......what kits did you use?? Suggestions on which one to choose??? Thanks....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Kansas Kustom. They are probably some of the best ones out there. With that being said, not everything is included in their kits. You'll still need to do some fab work your self. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure they'll weld their hardtail to your frame.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 AM
ChoppedNbobbeD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used a weld on from ledsledcustoms.com they are based in ohio.
i like its look cause its a little wider and thicker steel than the kansas kustoms.
in my opinion these are the only 2 company's to use.
plus ledsled now sells an entire kit, everything you need. and have rubbermiunt kits also. good luck

Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Dlish
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 and used the kansas kustom weld on. What year bike you have? Ledsled will only do a rubbermount weld on if you send the frame to them I think. Send me a PM if you want info about the Kansas Kustom, its a really quality section.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by moresky
For the brave few on this forum who have used them......what kits did you use?? Suggestions on which one to choose??? Thanks....
I have a Led Sled weld on section, and am still in the building stages of the project. Just put the motor back in yesterday, as a matter of face - fit like a glove!

Go to XLforum.net and check out the "My Led Sled Chopper Project" thread from psycho69 in the Chopper and Bobber Talk section (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=504362). He chronicled his entire project with a boat load of pics. You can learn a lot from his experience.

I had the hard tail section shipped to my house then took it to my local shop to have it grafted on (I'll trust my welding skills for fender tabs, but not a frame that my life depends on!). They charged me $150. Led Sled would have installed it for $75, but I'd have had to pay to send them my frame in the first place (UPS ships them uncrated), so the money came out the same in the end.

You can't go wrong with either a Led Sled or a Kansas Kustom - just depends on the style you prefer.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fdh161
I have a Led Sled weld on section, and am still in the building stages of the project. Just put the motor back in yesterday, as a matter of face - fit like a glove!

Go to XLforum.net and check out the "My Led Sled Chopper Project" thread from psycho69 in the Chopper and Bobber Talk section (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=504362). He chronicled his entire project with a boat load of pics. You can learn a lot from his experience.

I had the hard tail section shipped to my house then took it to my local shop to have it grafted on (I'll trust my welding skills for fender tabs, but not a frame that my life depends on!). They charged me $150. Led Sled would have installed it for $75, but I'd have had to pay to send them my frame in the first place (UPS ships them uncrated), so the money came out the same in the end.

You can't go wrong with either a Led Sled or a Kansas Kustom - just depends on the style you prefer.
I would have been PISSED about the crooked *** seat post! I would have flipped the ***** out! (But thats just me)!

Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by motordrum
I would have been PISSED about the crooked *** seat post! I would have flipped the ***** out! (But thats just me)!
Me, too. I also would have been upset about the clearance for the rear head, but I didn't experience either of those problems on mine.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:55 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fdh161
Me, too. I also would have been upset about the clearance for the rear head, but I didn't experience either of those problems on mine.
Cool man! good luck on the rest of your build, and be sure to post pics!!