Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power cones?

Old 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
shamboogiebanger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power cones?

who has them, are they good?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 PM
hawkeye1734
Intermediate
Default RE: power cones?

Yes i installed a set last year they help with reversion. I installed them after i bought a set of vance and hines short shots.bike seems to have more torque. beware of exhaust leaks i had to file my to get a good seal.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:27 AM
OkieFatboy
Cruiser

Installed them on 05 Fatboy, 96 sportster and Chopper. They really work. I was skeptical buut even my wife can feel the difference on her sporty. Easy to install just get them seated and torque the exhaust flanges properly.

ORIGINAL: shamboogiebanger

who has them, are they good?

Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

ORIGINAL: hawkeye1734

Yes i installed a set last year they help with reversion. I installed them after i bought a set of vance and hines short shots.bike seems to have more torque. beware of exhaust leaks i had to file my to get a good seal.
Are you running with or without the baffles ? I put in the power cones and noticed more bottom end torque from the line, but lost it on the top end . So I put the baffles back in and now I have power on both ends ! Plus its not as loud . Steve from Az.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:39 AM
OkieFatboy
Cruiser

That's true. Baffles are best in terms of performance through all ranges. I had open pipes on all my bikes and decided to try the cones. Better with than without. If you want best performance go with baffles.

ORIGINAL: millzog

ORIGINAL: hawkeye1734

Are you running with or without the baffles ? I put in the power cones and noticed more bottom end torque from the line, but lost it on the top end . So I put the baffles back in and now I have power on both ends ! Plus its not as loud . Steve from Az.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:16 AM
skullcrusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appologize for the rewind, whats a power cone? It sounds like a cone that goes inside or around the exhuast and gives you more power. Ive never heard of this. Any aftermarket vender has them? What exactally are they and how do they work?

Old 06-10-2006, 04:34 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

ORIGINAL: skullcrusher

I appologize for the rewind, whats a power cone? It sounds like a cone that goes inside or around the exhuast and gives you more power. Ive never heard of this. Any aftermarket vender has them? What exactally are they and how do they work?
Iwould start at the top of the post and work for way down. The power cone fits inside the front of the head pipe is helps with reverion of the exhaust gases , back pressure . gives you low end torgue , move power when you 1st take off but if your running pipes without baffles you will loose top end power . So you will need to put in some baffles to get the power back.Or if you just want the extra power in the pipes you already have just drop the cones in . Samson and jpcycles have them in whatever size you need. I hope that helpped ......

Old 06-11-2006, 04:50 AM
skullcrusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much. It helped every bit. I has asked a co-worker and he had no idea either. So ill be sure to get the word out to him as well.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

use em!

Old 07-26-2019, 10:56 AM
garymtx
6th Gear

Absolutely use them!!! Had them on my 01 heritage and they will go in the 14 heritage I just bought...Vance and Hines long shots with the baffles cut to half length (use the half that has the screw mount). I tried with and without baffles, half the baffle works and sounds the best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power cones?