Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to mount Lick's solo bag on Iron?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to mount Lick's solo bag on Iron?

I just orderd a Lick's solo bag while on sale for $149.....I love the look of it and have read lots of great reviews about it, but haven't figured out how it mounts yet, or I should say the best way to mount it.

If anyone here has one, please advise how you mounted it.

Thanks, Gents!

Old 11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
themac5150
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google it, lots of info on this bag. Some on other forums...

Old 11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by themac5150
Google it, lots of info on this bag. Some on other forums...
Did that already using key words "mount/mounting Lick's solo bag"

So, it sounds like you don't have experience with a Lick's solo bag but you've got time to butt in this thread with stupid suggestions that I Google my question.

Look, friend..........Butt out. I've got the Google tool bar installed and use it.

I'll make a deal with you-I'll post my discoveries here to share with all, and I'll ask the others here to share theirs with me when I need their help.....All you need to do is take notes unless you have something to contribute to this thread.

And no, I don't need/want/expect you to Google/search for an answer to my question......I simply want that another member here who HAS mounted a Lick's solo bag to their Iron or Nightster respond with their solution or suggestions...So don't feel rejected-just shut up and let this thread go it's course, ok?

Last edited by oinker02; 11-27-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 PM
themac5150
Cruiser

Oh, I'm sorry you're trying to climb on to one....

I googled "licks solo bag installation" sorry...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-solo-bag.html

http://web.me.com/bmdorr93/The_Log/T...s_SOLO_BAG.htm

Use it or not...

IDGAF

Last edited by themac5150; 11-27-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by themac5150
Oh, I'm sorry you're trying to climb on to one....

I googled "licks solo bag installation" sorry...
Just what I figured...you ain't got a Lick's solo bag and ain't got nothing to contribute except bullshit....Been there and done that a thousand times on this net.

Ok, hopefully this guy is thru and we can get this thread back in focus....I will not be the last guy who asks how to mount a Lick's solo bag....I MIGHT be the guy who posts HOW to do it once it arrives unless any here offer their experience first.

themac5150, just go away and haunt another forum where folks there want to read yer ****....ok?...We here deal in nuts and bolts and experience.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i got your back oinker02
there is a lot of this **** lately on this forum
and no cant help on mounting the Licks bag

Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
beachcrab
Cruiser

I just ordered the distressed solo bag.. Those bags are great looking on nightsters! I'm sure veryone appreciates help back on this forum for how to do stuff. That was the biggest reason I bought my nightster... good people live on sportsters!

And while I'm buttering everone's toast here, thanks everyone for chipping in your 2 cents worth everytime somebody needs some help with a project.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 PM
oinker02
Banned

Thanks Gents................Ya know, It was this very forum where I saw all the neat stuff folks here did with their Nightsters and Irons that convinced me to buy one.

I've owned many different HD's and got kinda bored with them, but I was excited when I saw the Nightster for the first time....I got REALLY excited reading and watching this forum and all that those here do to make the Nightster and Iron truely radical and different!

I'm 56 years old and been riding/modding scooters and cars for 40 years. I've broke many noses and i've had my face dented a few times too. Thu it all I've searched/seeked out scoots to mod and finally it seems the new Iron demands my best effort even tho it's only an 883 and kinda whimpy on power.....BUT, it IS the perfect platform for improvement in both power and style.

I'm presently involved deeply in modding both with my Iron. She will soon be a stage III 1250 and she will sport several appearance/performance mods.

I consider this forum a wealth of info toward that goal, and I swear I will share what I don't find here with all of you here.

All I ask in exchange for all I spend/invest is that folks do the same.

It's one ship-one crew, themac5150....Get on board and be a shipmate or a shipwreck. themac5150 don't appologize because it ain't necessary that you do, just fall in step with the rest of the crew here and offer what you know and enjoy what we offer you.

Last edited by oinker02; 11-27-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oinker02
I consider this forum a wealth of info toward that goal, and I swear I will share what I don't find here with all of you here.

All I ask in exchange for all I spend/invest is that folks do the same.

It's one ship-one crew, themac5150....Get on board and be a shipmate or a shipwreck. themac5150 don't appologize because it ain't necessary that you do, just fall in step with the rest of the crew here and offer what you know and enjoy what we offer you.
Except themac5150 was right. The search function is there precisely because this forum has a wealth of information. People in the forum don't like answering the same question over and over again. It's common courtesy to search the forum/google before asking a question to see if anything might come up on your specific topic.

And seriously, leave the attitude at home. People will be more inclined to answer any questions you might have if you are courteous and well behaved. The kind of comments you did here is a good way to end up on many ignore lists and never getting an answer again.

Not to mention themac5150 actually did answer your question. The links he provided contain the information you need to mount the bag in question. Do we now need to copy/paste it for you ?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:15 PM
snacks63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like if you need to ask how to mount a friggin bag on your bike you probably should find a new hobby (to many people on here ask before they try, isnt that what customizing all about)

Quick Reply: How to mount Lick's solo bag on Iron?