Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster 2 Up seat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
RyanC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightster 2 Up seat?

Anyone have a sidekick seat for their Nightster? If you do what do you think of it? I just got rid of my badlander seat cuz it sucked. There is only one other seat for two up that I like the looks of and it's Mustang's fastback. If anyone has experience with either of these seats, please share your opinion. I'd hate to make another uneducated $300 + guess and not like the seat.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. I hate to make assumptions but let me ask how long you have been riding and why do you want to buy a 2 up seat.

only reason I ask is cuz I was new to riding over a year ago when I was in your same place. New nightster and I wanted to 2up and take my girlfriend along for the ride. but you want to make sure before dropping any coin, that your passenger likes riding and wants to ride with you. There are to many stories on here of people buying their wives or gf's all the accesories and spending all the money on seats only to have their wives hate riding. haha that wasn't the case for me. but here is what I did.....
I bought the phantom pad (suction cup removable seat) for about $60. Bought a cheap *** helmet for her and drove her around parking lots. well a year later and well over 1k miles (with her 2 upping) and I still have the phantom pad seat cuz she's comfy (i modified it a little) and now she's got all her own gear. But there was no way I was gonna drop allot of money for an expensive seat.. So that's what I did
Sorry for the long read
Now if you'd been riding forever and your passenger loves to ride with you too then disregaurd everything I said and wait for someone who has the seat to chime in

Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
RyanC
Tourer
Default Experience

1 Riding season, two bikes and upgraded, the Nightster is my second bike. I've taken the Basic Rider course and experienced rider Course. I spend alot of time researching stuff before I go forward. The badlander was not one of those items I researched well.My wife goes out on occasion, but the desire for a good looking and relatively comfortable two up is definitely there. I am purchasing the tall HD sissy bar soon The badlander was too uncomfortable for both of us for more than 20 min. Sissy bar and pad will give me piece of mind if I have to get on it. Plus I love the look of the sissy bar and sidekick seat combo. I almost lost her a couple times off the back during rides. I would most likely leave the two up on all the time. Parts have to look good and be functional to me. No offense on the suction cup seat. Just not my taste. My wife does like to go out with me. We were talking about a bike for her somewhere down the line too.

Last edited by RyanC; 01-13-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Grammaton
Road Master

Originally Posted by RyanC
Anyone have a sidekick seat for their Nightster? If you do what do you think of it? I just got rid of my badlander seat cuz it sucked. There is only one other seat for two up that I like the looks of and it's Mustang's fastback. If anyone has experience with either of these seats, please share your opinion. I'd hate to make another uneducated $300 + guess and not like the seat.
I've got one. Do a search of this subforum and you'll find lots of good info - including mods I had to make to make it fit properly.

I'm happy with the seat and so is my wife and my daughter.

You may be able to try one at a local dealer.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RyanC
1 Riding season, two bikes and upgraded, the Nightster is my second bike. I've taken the Basic Rider course and experienced rider Course. I spend alot of time researching stuff before I go forward. The badlander was not one of those items I researched well.My wife goes out on occasion, but the desire for a good looking and relatively comfortable two up is definitely there. I am purchasing the tall HD sissy bar soon The badlander was too uncomfortable for both of us for more than 20 min. Sissy bar and pad will give me piece of mind if I have to get on it. Plus I love the look of the sissy bar and sidekick seat combo. I almost lost her a couple times off the back during rides. I would most likely leave the two up on all the time. Parts have to look good and be functional to me. No offense on the suction cup seat. Just not my taste. My wife does like to go out with me. We were talking about a bike for her somewhere down the line too.

Yeah, it was just a suggestion before spending the $ on a real seat. I love have the detachable sissy bar/back rest.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
NI-STER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search "DIY sissy bar" Mustang fastback and quick release SB.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
LX HEMI
Tourer

whatever you get, get detachable. Solo riding is what you'll be doing 75% or more of the time, especially on a sporty.