Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local dealer(Renagade Harley, Alexandria Louisiana) loaned me special tool yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Local dealer(Renagade Harley, Alexandria Louisiana) loaned me special tool yesterday

I strolled in yesterday to pick up some parts and casually mentioned I needed to design a custom brake hose for the taller new T-bars on my new Iron. They reached behind the counter and offered me to take home their special tool 42273-07. It's a really neat kit that allows you to measure custom length throttle cables and brake hoses. It has all the different angled banjo fittings and angled throttle fittings and includes hoses/cables that are marked in inches that allow you to precisely determine exactly the cables/hoses you need.

That was big of them. I'll have it back to them when they open their doors Monday morning. I'll also drop off a few 5ths of Johnny Walker Black for the parts guys I missed at Christmas.

I've stopped buying at discount from Zanotti's because I want to see these guys survive. It's one ship-one crew, ya know?

While I was there I also ordered a gold/diamond Harley owners ring......I've walked past their jewelry counter countless times and never bothered to look at their jewelry before they made the move to trust me with their special tools. It a matter of trust with me. When folks invest in me, they get all of me. I'm very pleased to have developed a mutual friendship with my local dealer. They are no longer the "Stealer", but instead my friends.

Last edited by oinker02; 01-17-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
SDLS
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a good relationship with my dealer, I'm always in there asking questions and getting good advice. I have a mechanical background in heavy truck, but not in motorcycles, so they help me out. Also having forum like this one helps out a great deal. It was nice that they let you use the kit.

Here is my dealer in North Jersey
http://www.koscohd.com/
They do a lot for charities and my HOG chapter

Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good post- and glad to hear about your experience.

have to say that i was avoiding dealers until recently when i was on the road i lost electrical to tail light, signals, horn. stopped in at santa maria harley and they took the bike right in- fixed the problem and also fixed some that i didnt know i had. since i didnt ask them to fix the other stuff, they didnt charge extra.
btw, the problem was caused by my mechanic when he (actually someone working for him) hooked up my upgraded horn. they didnt properly wrap the wires and it was a horn short that caused my problems.
thanks santa maria harley- http://www.santamariaharley.com/
i just might have to make road trips to that dealer for work on my bike in the future!!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
realmccoy
Tourer

I'v got a good friend at one of the dealer's here.
the service manager is cool as hell! the parts guy's just want your money
I stoped in to ask a question about a wiring harnes adapter for my sporty
he found the one I needed . got me a price scared the hell out of me.
he had one sitting at home he got for his bike but ended up not needing it
so he sold it to me for a 1/4 of the dealer price.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
MechsHands
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really love one dealer out of 3 here in Columbus. They are always friendly and willing to help and give advice. Their prices are reasonable also. Its why I was happy to get my roadster from them.

The other 3 will barely say hello to you except to pressure you to get a bike.

MH

Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM
89heritagesoftail
Tourer

That dealership in Alexandria,LA, I wonder if that was dealership that tried to support 2 HOG chapters in the late 80's, early 90's. After HOG said no, the north east chapter, became the NoName Chapter. Until a shop opened up in Monroe. I was a kid on the back of my Dad's bike back then.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
89heritagesoftail
Tourer

Also, any idea of what jet number/size for a stock carb for Louisiana altitude? Planning on bringing my bike down from mile high Denver for a week.