Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad the pipes worked out. They look good. Like the bottle even better now that I seen a far away shot. Oh yea that is a badass camera bro because my pictures never come out that way. Not even with my $250.00 camera.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 PM
blacknight85
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right doc they did clean the bike up, looks good! Like I said befor I really like the Emergency/Storage Bottle looks good with the far away shot.

Be EASY

Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 AM
DocHoliday06
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badger1984
Nice photographic composition on the bike!
Badger
- Thanks a lot man. I'm glad it made my bike look better... i thought that close up picture of the vance and hines symbol would turn up clear but i guess not but it was cool...

Originally Posted by TexasBikeBoy
Glad the pipes worked out. They look good. Like the bottle even better now that I seen a far away shot. Oh yea that is a badass camera bro because my pictures never come out that way. Not even with my $250.00 camera.
Yo Matt,
yeah man they are awesome dude and they sound awesome, i just hope they get louder like the say as carbon builds up... Thanks so much man, your the **** and im glad you like the bottle idea. I really like it.

Originally Posted by blacknight85
Your right doc they did clean the bike up, looks good! Like I said befor I really like the Emergency/Storage Bottle looks good with the far away shot.

Be EASY
What up Andrew,
Thanks for the compliment man. I forgot to get a picture of the whole right side of the bike to actually show how much it cleaned up like near my belt and what not. I'm glad im getting some good feed back on the bottle. I just need to perfect it more. I know those zip ties aren't going to last long and gotta find a steel top b/c i think the gas may eat through the plastic top.

Keep up the good work on your bike though man. We need to collaborate with each other to get some ideas for our bikes.

Last edited by DocHoliday06; 03-20-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:07 AM
lilbruce
Road Master

Bike looks good man, That bottle idea is pretty cool and smart, I know how it is to run out of gas when you have a 2.5 gallon tank!

Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by lilbruce
Bike looks good man, That bottle idea is pretty cool and smart, I know how it is to run out of gas when you have a 2.5 gallon tank!

Hey Bruce,

Thanks a lot man. really appreciate it. I would like to avoid that incident at all cost in the future. I am sure i will run into it some time but if i can avoid it im all about it.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:39 AM
lilbruce
Road Master

Originally Posted by DocHoliday06
Hey Bruce,

Thanks a lot man. really appreciate it. I would like to avoid that incident at all cost in the future. I am sure i will run into it some time but if i can avoid it im all about it.
Yea man, anything you do that is custom that noone has done def gets points from me! Keep it up!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Tike71
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Neat bottle idea. I keep a 30oz MSR fuel bottle in my solo bag. BTW $100 for v&h sideshots??? Nice score

Old 03-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Nightster Ridester
Tourer

Originally Posted by DocHoliday06
Keep up the good work on your bike though man. We need to collaborate with each other to get some ideas for my bike.
Dont let Doc fool ya, he'll take your ideas and/or your ramblin thoughts you mention while workin on the bike and do them before you get a chance to do them to yours lol
Now I gotta come up with some more ideas to make mine different then his. Soooooo I saw you ended up goin with the V&H uh? What you do with your slip-ons? And kinda cool version of the Gas reserve can me and Frank (Neighbor that helped me with your bike) were tellin you about, but i kinda like their Leather sling and Extinguisher look that Nash MC originally came up with when they started sellin those a while back
BTW Nice camera whose evers that was

Last edited by Nightster Ridester; 03-20-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Default Howzit

Looking good,thumbs up on the gas bottle mount.
I see you got your beerbotle cap (most enjoyable mod)
where i got my absolute vodka cap.

Attached Thumbnails Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback-absolute-1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by lilbruce
Yea man, anything you do that is custom that noone has done def gets points from me! Keep it up!
I hear ya bruce. Im diggin your set up. My set up not really custom, it was just borrowed did in my own way to save money. lol and im all about saving money that can be turned around to be put towards my bike.

Originally Posted by iron71tike
Neat bottle idea. I keep a 30oz MSR fuel bottle in my solo bag. BTW $100 for v&h sideshots??? Nice score
Thanks Tike,
Hey does your MSR bottle have a metal top or plastic with a rubber seal/washer? If its plastic, do you have a problem with the gas eating through? My main concern from my bottle is the hard plastic top, im not sure if the gas will eat through it or not. And yeah a buddy of mine, Texasbikeboy had them and tried them on his but didn't like it and hooked me up.

Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester
Dont let Doc fool ya, he'll take your ideas and/or your ramblin thoughts you mention while workin on the bike and do them before you get a chance to do them to yours lol
Now I gotta come up with some more ideas to make mine different then his. Soooooo I saw you ended up goin with the V&H uh? What you do with your slip-ons? And kinda cool version of the Gas reserve can me and Frank (Neighbor that helped me with your bike) were tellin you about, but i kinda like their Leather sling and Extinguisher look that Nash MC originally came up with when they started sellin those a while back
BTW Nice camera whose evers that was
Hey Billy,
hey man im sorry if i took any of your ideas. I was kinda nervous about our return trip from Saturdays ride and i really didn't want run out of gas. I figured since you and mark were gonna do something like that but with leather i thought it might be okay to go a different route. But i didn't intend to bite any of your ideas bro. Yeah, Matt(texasbikeboy) had the VH's laying around in his garage and we were shooting the **** while i was painting my motor and we were gonna put them on my bike that night but he was telling me they were too soft so i didnt. Then i went and did some researching and a few people said you had to let it build carbon in them and it'll get louder. So the next day he said 100 bucks and i was sold. I have my rienhart slip-ons laying around my brothers garage. But again man i didn't mean to take any of your ideas and if i did i'd be more than happy to take it off my bike. I respect a lot of you guys on here and i want my bike to be original as can be without it looking like other peoples bikes.

Originally Posted by Steeler
Looking good,thumbs up on the gas bottle mount.
I see you got your beerbotle cap (most enjoyable mod)
where i got my absolute vodka cap.
Hey Steeler,
Thanks a lot for the compliment.
Yeah i remembered seeing someone on here and doing that cap but i just couldn't remember who. As i was doing my wire tuck and tank lift with the BIG help of (NightsterRidester) we were having a couple of beers and i just pressed the beer cap on the bolt and it stuck without putting adhesives on it or anything which i thought was pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback