Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback

Hey guys, Doc Here.

I just wanted to drop in and post some pics of my updated mods to my bike these last weeks/days.

Friday March 12th, I had some help from Nightster Ridester doing the
- tank lift
- coil relocation
- blacked out signal covers
- inverted mirrors
- wire tuck
here are some pictures the day after we did it all.
THANKS AGAIN BILLY!

Wednesday March 17th

I painted my motor with the help of Texasbikeboy after a long day of hanging out at a bad *** bar filled with hott a$$ waitresses called "tilted kilt"
- We took off the pipes and covered a bunch or stuff with paper and tape which was a tedious process so i just decided to paint the bolts black also
Sorry for the shotty pictures they were taken with my iphone but i was able to take some awesome pictures today when the sun was out.

I suggest to anyone who wants to anyone whoever paints their motor and tapes up the push rods to take my advice.
-fold the tape in half so that it sticks together and the rough side is on the out side and just wrap it around the chrome part so that when you peel off the tape after the paint drys it makes it easier to pull off.
-Texasbikeboy and i had a hard time pulling some of the tape on the back of the push rods off.
- Fold it like this

here is a picture where i painted half of the one side of my engine and left the other side so you can see the difference

Last edited by DocHoliday06; 03-18-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I love that Bandana fork brace. Does it work well?

Bike looks great.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Here are pictures i took this morning with some light from the sun!!

Here is a mod where i got the idea of an emergency gas bottle from the Nash Motorcycle company.
- Its a stainless steel waterbottle where you put gas in it for emergency situations where if i were to ride and run out of gas so.
The mod took about 25-30 bucks all together
- stainless steel water bottle i got from target for 8 dollars
- Fire extinguisher bracket holder i got from ace hard ware for 12 bucks
- zip ties to hold it to the rear swing arm (free - i had some laying around)
- some leather i got from a kids guitar strap i got from Michaels (like a hobby lobby) for 5 bucks
- i used the leather to line the inside of the metal bracket on the
fire extinguisher so it would not scratch the bottle

Here are some pictures hope you guys like it

Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hoses, Hoses everywhere.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Nonstop
Tourer

That bottle idea is awesome.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
blacknight85
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It came out great Doc!! Like i told you earlier that emergency gas bottle idea was awsome good $h*t!

I'll post my updates later!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by Gpsjr10
I love that Bandana fork brace. Does it work well?

Bike looks great.
Hey Gpsjr,
Thanks for the comment. Its really not much of a brace and it doesnt work at all, i put it on there for sentimental value.
- My bestfriend passed away in Afghanistan this past August and when we were in highschool we used to wear bandanas when we would play football and outside of school. It was just our thing we were like brothers and we only wore black or white. So its just their to keep him with me and guard me while im riding.

Originally Posted by JosephGarcia
Hoses, Hoses everywhere.
Yeah i know i didn't do the best job on my wire tuck and what not but a lot of those wires and hoses i wasnt able to pull on them to get them to hide or i was afraid of messing things up. I did it myself with some help so i makes the bike ME. the brackets to the tank lift and coil relocation were all made from materials that were bought.

Originally Posted by Nonstop
That bottle idea is awesome.
Thanks Nonstop,
really appreciate it. Like i said, i borrowed the idea from Nash Motocycle Company b/c i couldn't justify myself spending 200 dollars on their 30 dollar bottle with leather that they made. So with 5 minutes of thinking, i always see ricer boys that put the fire extinguisher on their pillars so i just drove around hardware shops until i saw one that i liked. I used zip ties to hold them to the swingarm and so far so good. It doesn't shake uncontrollably or anything like that. I like it and i am sure it will help me sooner or later.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by blacknight85
It came out great Doc!! Like i told you earlier that emergency gas bottle idea was awsome good $h*t!

I'll post my updates later!
Hey Andrew,

Thanks man it means a lot. Most of my ideas come from you guys. so thanks for the inspiration.

I'm glad you liked my idea. I know it will help me out in the future. My one concern is if the gas may eat through the plastic top. The top itself has a rubber seal but I may go to home depot or something to see if i can find something else to top it off with.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
mumeral
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DocHoliday06
I used zip ties to hold them to the swingarm and so far so good. It doesn't shake uncontrollably or anything like that. I like it and i am sure it will help me sooner or later.
The zip ties will eventually dry rot, and get brittle, I would look into "safety wire" which is just a thin metal string, used to secure misc items on aircraft. .032 would work well, and they have special pliers that wind them up nice and pretty, make it look factory. That way the bottle won't come off, and I would use black nail polish on the foam so it doesn't eventually dry rot and fall off or break apart. Clean install, given me ideas for what I plan to do in the future.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
ironpony71
6th Gear

gas bottle freakin great idea.

Quick Reply: Docs Updated Nightster Mods 56K not welcomed!!!! Please give me feedback