Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster to 48 handlebar/speedo/turn signal conversion

Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the parts for the speedo relocation this past weekend. Thing is my dealer did not mention that there would be a delay on the shipping / availability! I'll have to give them a call. I want to do the turn signals as well, but that is looking like 150 bucks in parts since they chnaged the signal housing itself.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papadop88
Went to my buddy at the dealer cuz he called me and said he had one on the floor. We chatted about it for a while. Did the "eye" inspection and saw that, beside moving the headlight on my N from the stock position and getting rid of that brow, its a pretty easy swap. So we grabbed the parts book and looked them up. The 48 clamp runs $94 and the backing for the speedo gauge is another $16. He didn't know when they would ship out though.
Yep... same exact thing me and Catlkn did. 2 Parts seem to be it. The actual Speedo bracket (which happens to be the upper riser mount as well) and a bucket for the speedo to sit in since it is 1 part on the Nightster. All the dummy lights and everything else are the same part numbers between the two bikes so it should be an easy switch. Looked at it and should be really quick. Awesome manufacture mod for the sporties! As Cat Said though... the signal housings look a little better than the available black relocation kit and come out to be about an inch shorter but that is not the new black relocation kit in the book. If you want the same turn signal housings as the 48 it will run over a buck . The wiring on the Nightster signal is a tad different than the 48.

We'll let everyone know when we get our parts in to kinda give you a heads-up on shipping time. Sorry Cat, it may take a while... unless we ask they usually won't tell the shipping time because they can only guess .

Last edited by Brettcr; 04-07-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:28 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming the shipping dates will be a while from now and I have a feeling that alot of people will be ordering this for their bikes which will only delay things. This sucks. But the bright side is, RSD is developing a speedo mount which is similar to the 48s mount. Should be interesting.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
DaytonaGTS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've contacted the 4 dealers I get parts from and none of them have the new parts book yet.....

Does anyone that has orderd have the part #'s on your receipt?

Last edited by DaytonaGTS; 04-07-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papadop88
I'm assuming the shipping dates will be a while from now and I have a feeling that alot of people will be ordering this for their bikes which will only delay things. This sucks. But the bright side is, RSD is developing a speedo mount which is similar to the 48s mount. Should be interesting.
Yea but how much will Roland Sands be charging for his i wonder? 115$ or less?

By the way... love your bars!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettcr
Yea but how much will Roland Sands be charging for his i wonder? 115$ or less?

By the way... love your bars!
Thanks man!

True, but I have never had trouble spending $ for quality and I have never been disappointed with RSD or PM products. The one he prototyped for the cafe sportster he did looks sick! Hopefully by the time his comes out, the 48 mount craze will have subsided and I can make a decision on which one to get.

The thing with the RSD one, it looks like it has a place to mount the headlight on vs having to move the headlight to the lower triple tree. I would prefer I keep my headlight mounted up higher.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Steeler
Road Captain
Default Hi

I lifted my headlight so the speedo now looks in line.
but its all personal preferances,enjoy your mods.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Robbyrob505
Novice

here is the part number for the bracket: 71980-10 I called today and thats what they gave me. hopefully we can all get this bracket on out sportsters soon. Plz keep us updated and post pics. Plzzzz

Old 04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
DaytonaGTS
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Robbyrob505
here is the part number for the bracket: 71980-10 I called today and thats what they gave me. hopefully we can all get this bracket on out sportsters soon. Plz keep us updated and post pics. Plzzzz
Thanks, now all I need is the speedo cover #, and I'm good to go also

Old 04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Robbyrob505
Novice

Yea whoever can get that speedo cover # pls share and whoever does the mod first pls post some pics. I have a feeling the bracket will work. I just don't know what's gonna happen with the headlight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nightster to 48 handlebar/speedo/turn signal conversion