Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Pictures] First mods done: Before and After

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:01 PM
DWSPhotography
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Pictures] First mods done: Before and After

While I know this is small potatos to most of you mod-happy fools, but since my bike is only 2 weeks old, I am happy with the progress so far.

Before: Bone stock, base model 883

Forward Controls and a LePera Bare Bones LT with Gel

[8D]

Old 06-15-2005, 11:37 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts
Default RE: [Pictures] First mods done: Before and After

Thanks for the pics, your mods make the bike look better. You are ahead of me on mods, I've had my bike for a month and I haven't done anything. I'm not one for getting in a hurry. I will admit that some seem to jump right in on the mods, but I feel that everyone has his/her own pace. You've got a good start, what's next?

Old 06-15-2005, 11:50 PM
DWSPhotography
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

Thanks for the pics, your mods make the bike look better. You are ahead of me on mods, I've had my bike for a month and I haven't done anything. I'm not one for getting in a hurry. I will admit that some seem to jump right in on the mods, but I feel that everyone has his/her own pace. You've got a good start, what's next?
Pipes and lowering shocks should be here next week, then it is drag bars and some new mirrors. Down the road (Next spring probably) I am going to put the 1200 kit on it and black out the motor, maybe replace the rear fender with a bobber and I am seriously thinking about a springer front end.

I got out of the scene about 10 years ago and I forgot how much fun taking a bike and making your own could be.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:49 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

ORIGINAL: DWSPhotography

Pipes and lowering shocks should be here next week, then it is drag bars and some new mirrors. Down the road (Next spring probably) I am going to put the 1200 kit on it and black out the motor, maybe replace the rear fender with a bobber and I am seriously thinking about a springer front end.

I got out of the scene about 10 years ago and I forgot how much fun taking a bike and making your own could be.

Wow, once you start something, you sure pick up a head of steam. I like the looks of the springer front end. Will it look like the Springer that I got, but only on a smaller verson, or will the forks be about the same size? I've never seen a Sporty with a springer front end, should look great. Anxious to see what it looks like.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That seat looks great on the bike. How's it feel compared to the stock?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
DWSPhotography
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: 12Stones

That seat looks great on the bike. How's it feel compared to the stock?
So far it is an unqualified success, if, by unqualified, you mean that it is less painful than the stock seat. [8D]

Seriously, it is a better seat and only slightly uncomfortable so far. I am told that it take a couple hundred miles on the Gel seats to really break them in so I am going to be patient and see how it goes. I really like that it is thinner up front as I am NOT a small guy and I was getting saddle sores from the stock seat. I also love the look of the seat on the bike, changes the whole character.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice, I see you had a plug in the old seat mounting hole, did that come with the seat, or something you picked up? I have to admit I was eyeing the vette too!

Old 06-16-2005, 08:23 PM
DWSPhotography
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: monkyman

Very nice, I see you had a plug in the old seat mounting hole, did that come with the seat, or something you picked up? I have to admit I was eyeing the vette too!
It was under the seat plugging the front hole so I just moved it back. Nice of Harley to provide me with that item, eh? [:-]

Anyone know where I can find some short drag bars that are not broomstick but have less than a 5" pullback? I have been looking at it seems I have only those two choiced unless I want to spend the money for Yaffee, or Ness bars.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Omen
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: monkyman

It was under the seat plugging the front hole so I just moved it back. Nice of Harley to provide me with that item, eh? [:-]

Anyone know where I can find some short drag bars that are not broomstick but have less than a 5" pullback? I have been looking at it seems I have only those two choiced unless I want to spend the money for Yaffee, or Ness bars.
Be careful with Ness products, I often hear bad reviews.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Young Rider
6th Gear

Good looking bike. Which forward controls did you end up using?

Quick Reply: [Pictures] First mods done: Before and After