Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Sportster Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by: Rush Racing Products

P

Old 10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Senior Rider
Default Frame rake

Got a few questions. I have a 2005 1200C. I would like the front raked out to about 40 degrees. How is this done with my frame. I dont see how the angle of the goose neck can be changed the way it's all welded together. How can the down tubes be lengthened the way the front cylinder mounts to the frame with that swing arm? I have looked around, and cant find a raked frame for 04 and later sportsters.
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally used up and worn out, shouting
'Holy ****, what a ride!’ George Carlin.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Prospect

Love the quote!
Patriot Guard Rider #73624
04 Sportster 1200R
06 KTM 450XC
76 Penton Hare Scrambler 250
Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea View Post
Got a few questions. I have a 2005 1200C. I would like the front raked out to about 40 degrees. How is this done with my frame. I dont see how the angle of the goose neck can be changed the way it's all welded together. How can the down tubes be lengthened the way the front cylinder mounts to the frame with that swing arm? I have looked around, and cant find a raked frame for 04 and later sportsters.
Did you read the thread you started a few months ago about this question? Finding a raked frame is easy to do, as there are several companies out there that already build frames, and many of those will make a frame to whatever specs you ask for. Led Sled, Kansas Kustom, Twisted Chopper, Nasty Bikes, Bitterend Choppers, and a number of other commercial bike builders do frame work. Google "chopper sportster frame" and you'll get many, many companies and ideas.
As for the engine mounts, as stated in the other thread, you just need to have the welder modify them, or relocate them on the downtubes. If whoever is planning on doing the fabrication work can't figure that out....I'd find a different fab guy.

2007 Sportster with.....some stuff.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 AM

P