Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak or X14ied

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
silverado_mick
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too have a Joker intake and V&H Sideshots with x14ied's installed. Just over 1000 miles this year so far and absolutely no problems. Plugs look fine and bike runs GREAT. Throttle response is smoother and quicker, and it feels like my gears are taller if that makes any sense?

Somebody above said they find it interesting that different people give different reviews of Nightrider's product. I for one find it interesting that everyone I've talked to that has them and uses them with the appropriate equipment (ie: not straight pipes) loves them, and the guys who are sure they aren't going to work got their information from their dealership or they already have $1000 worth of "stage one" work done to their bike and don't want to be all butt hurt. Just my observations.

The following 2 users liked this post by silverado_mick:
Blacks (05-23-2016), Randy Mac (05-21-2016)
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Von_Zipper
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I for one find interesting everybody who wasted their $100 on these seem to praise them. Everybody who wants to ride a little harder finds them useless - for a very simple reason - they do not affect canned maps in any way once the ECM goes into open loop mode. Depending on IQ, you can burn your fingers with fire and learn it in a hard way or you can make an educated decision and keep your fingers away from fire. Same goes for O2 sensors mods, theoretically they cannot do anything for you when you go a little faster, and what they do in closed loop mode is no good either. The trouble here is they enrich the mixture even when there is no need for it, reducing your fuel economy.
But, everybody has the right to do what they think is right as long as they do not break the law. Just don't preach your beliefs if they contradict physics. People come here for good advice.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:38 AM
live and learn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all ask something different of our bikes. I spent the $100 on x14s. I have Bassani Sweepers. My bike runs better and smoother and my hope was to lower temps a little. I dont ride very hard. I have no desire to invest $1000 to dyno or tune my bike to get something out of it I wont use. I get on it occasionally but not enough to be unhappy with my current results. Sounds like there are lots of different opinions on these things and I think it depends on what you want from your bike. Something we will never agree on. My opinion at least.

I do believe my Bassanis have baffles of some sort, could be wrong though.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 AM
bliss
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
I for one find interesting everybody who wasted their $100 on these seem to praise them. Everybody who wants to ride a little harder finds them useless - for a very simple reason - they do not affect canned maps in any way once the ECM goes into open loop mode. Depending on IQ, you can burn your fingers with fire and learn it in a hard way or you can make an educated decision and keep your fingers away from fire. Same goes for O2 sensors mods, theoretically they cannot do anything for you when you go a little faster, and what they do in closed loop mode is no good either. The trouble here is they enrich the mixture even when there is no need for it, reducing your fuel economy.
But, everybody has the right to do what they think is right as long as they do not break the law. Just don't preach your beliefs if they contradict physics. People come here for good advice.
Are you saying to get the X14ieD's or stay away? I like your response best but a little confused as to what your recommendation is

Old 05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Randy Mac
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a 2012 XL883L with CA emissions, it was "fussy" at low speed with light throttle and ran noticeably hot. I put XIEDS on and it started, idled and ran much better at lower speeds, perceived temps are lower, I don't feel the waves of heat at stoplights anymore. I have over 5000 miles using them, the bike is stock, I do run it fairly hard, there is a 3 mpg "penalty". I'm happy with the XIEDS.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:37 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Here's a good overview of all the popular tuning options.

Overview LINK

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-21-2016, 01:44 PM
PumpinIron
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Fuelpak FP3 on my Forty Eight and absolutely love it! So, so, soooooo easy to setup and tune.