Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mag options for Nightsters

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Billy Blaze
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mag options for Nightsters

I have hated the lace wheels on my Nightster every since I got the bike, then I had a flat....now I hate them even more.

I know that Iron wheels fit the nightster but nobody is selling theirs or trading them for lace wheels...sooooo

Does anyone know a place to buy some mag wheels that will fit the nightster prefferably black ones and prefferably not from Harley.

Also I wasnt able to find Iron wheels for sale through Harley's website anyone have a part #?

the only other option I can think of is to buy some wheels that fit and have them powdercoated.....this is my next step in Jackie's transformation
any help is appreciated.

I do know I wil have to bu kits from Harley to make any wheels work.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM
RAL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
I have hated the lace wheels on my Nightster every since I got the bike, then I had a flat....now I hate them even more.

I know that Iron wheels fit the nightster but nobody is selling theirs or trading them for lace wheels...sooooo

Does anyone know a place to buy some mag wheels that will fit the nightster prefferably black ones and prefferably not from Harley.

Also I wasnt able to find Iron wheels for sale through Harley's website anyone have a part #?

the only other option I can think of is to buy some wheels that fit and have them powdercoated.....this is my next step in Jackie's transformation
any help is appreciated.

Is this the first post you have made about these wheels? Someone always wants to trade. Me I think a classic style bike looks.....wrong...without spoke wheels. Poke around a bit and you should be able to find someone to trade fugly mags for spokes

RAL

Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 AM
tone98loc
Cruiser

pm sent

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted to change to mags as well...but then i lifted a mag wheel...holy **** was it heavy...i'm heavy enough (295) without adding the weight of mags..

a buddy has a 1200c with a spoke on the front and one of those solid mags on the back (i know you dont want a solid mag, you want iron mags but its just a story) and i took it for a spin and it dragged soooo much...i thought there was something wrong with the bike...it wasnt as responsive as my nighty...it just felt like it was lagging...

Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Blaze

any help is appreciated.

I'll be selling mine next week once the wheel I just ordered gets in. I am switching to a black powder coat / chrome spoked wheel. I'm gonna put mine on Ebay. I paid $500 for it from Harley last year. I love it but am trying to make my bike look a little more old school. Let me know if you are interested. I will give you a great price. My tire size on the front is a MH90/ 21

Attached Thumbnails Mag options for Nightsters-my-bike-3.jpg  
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM
RAL
Cruiser
Old 04-06-2011, 10:16 AM
REVHAPPY
Tourer

Mag wheels go flat also......have you tried fix a flat...has bailed me out a couple times........

Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAL
Is this the first post you have made about these wheels? Someone always wants to trade. Me I think a classic style bike looks.....wrong...without spoke wheels. Poke around a bit and you should be able to find someone to trade fugly mags for spokes

RAL
I like the mags, but agree that the spoke wheels really set the look of the N off.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Billy Blaze
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

flats are sooooo much more easy to fix on a mag wheel and you can do it on the side of the road wheras if you have laced wheels you are sol

I personaly like the mag wheels much much better than laced wheels, and my bike has plenty of power so I am concerned with any power lost to unsprung wheel weight

Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the looks of the laced wheels and I have laced wheels, but agree that the black mag's on he Iron look great! One nice thing about mags is not tube and band to buy when changing a tire.

Quick Reply: Mag options for Nightsters