Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro AutoTuner Installed !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Aaron48
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro AutoTuner Installed !!!

I got the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro AutoTuner today, very easy install took my time running all the cables and wiring. The only bitch was running the ground wire to the ground lug...but eveybody knows getting to that lug is a pain.

To put it simply this thing makes the ied's look like crap...dont get me wrong they work but this thing is ASTONISHING...NO ****!!! Its so smooth it Ridiculous. There is NOT ONE flat spot and ZERO popping I mean not even a little totally zero. Cobra has made one hell of a product. Rolling on the throttle the power comes on so smooth, shiffting from gear to gear there is no hesitation .

THIS THING JUST FLAT OUT WORKS AS ADVERTISED !!!
IT REALLY IS THAT GOOD.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Aaron48
I got the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro AutoTuner today, very easy install took my time running all the cables and wiring. The only bitch was running the ground wire to the ground lug...but eveybody knows getting to that lug is a pain.

To put it simply this thing makes the ied's look like crap...dont get me wrong they work but this thing is ASTONISHING...NO ****!!! Its so smooth it Ridiculous. There is NOT ONE flat spot and ZERO popping I mean not even a little totally zero. Cobra has made one hell of a product. Rolling on the throttle the power comes on so smooth, shiffting from gear to gear there is no hesitation .

THIS THING JUST FLAT OUT WORKS AS ADVERTISED !!!
IT REALLY IS THAT GOOD.

Sounds good man, keep updating to let us know how it runs. I ran across a couple of reviews where they say sometimes it will have flat spots, but will quickly adjust and have them go away.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome.

Hypothetical: Can you easily remove it if say...you wanted to take it to the dealer for warranty work?

For $500, would you say its better than a custom dyno tune?

I'm trying to figure out where this product compares to a custom tune, since its about the same price.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Awesome.

Hypothetical: Can you easily remove it if say...you wanted to take it to the dealer for warranty work?

For $500, would you say its better than a custom dyno tune?

I'm trying to figure out where this product compares to a custom tune, since its about the same price.
It would take you about 30 min to take it off only because of the ground lug on the tranny where its grounded.

I would keep the money for something like this because it is constantly adjusting to the ever changing conditions whereas the custom dyno tune is I believe somewhat set.

For me this thing just works I dont need some guy railin on my bike tryin to dial it in Ill just let the Tuner Tune itself. just my 2 Cents.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

So, less popping, smoother engine....these are all good...does the butt dyno say if it gained any power?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Aaron48
Road Master

So, less popping, smoother engine....these are all good...does the butt dyno say if it gained any power?
Doing 70 in 3rd gear and getting to 110 came up REAL FAST lets just say that....I can just tell you I am not disappointed at all.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do....I know that I want to do an HD 1200 conversion at some point....and to that will be a big outlay of cash, AND I'll insist on getting the bike custom dyno tuned as part of that whole process.

So I don't really know what to do.

I'm thinking I may drop on some SE slip ons in the short term to get that sound I want, and then just save up my cash for the 1200 conversion + tune + RB racing 2 into 1 + intake and do it all at once a few years from now.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 AM
jlilnc14
Cruiser

so lets say i have my 883 cylinders bored out to 1200. I can just use this instead of having my bike dyno tuned after the conversion?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Aaron48
Road Master

Originally Posted by jlilnc14
so lets say i have my 883 cylinders bored out to 1200. I can just use this instead of having my bike dyno tuned after the conversion?
As they state on their site: " And no matter which components you change in the future, whether it's a new exhaust system, a freer-flowing air filter setup or even a big-bore hop-up kit with new camshafts, PowrPro continues to analyze and tune your engine for peak performance."

Old 09-13-2011, 09:52 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do....I know that I want to do an HD 1200 conversion at some point....and to that will be a big outlay of cash, AND I'll insist on getting the bike custom dyno tuned as part of that whole process.

So I don't really know what to do.

I'm thinking I may drop on some SE slip ons in the short term to get that sound I want, and then just save up my cash for the 1200 conversion + tune + RB racing 2 into 1 + intake and do it all at once a few years from now.
Originally Posted by jlilnc14
I've been doing a lot of research on this as I'm between the cobra or a TTS Mastertune with dyno tuning. The Cobra seems to have many glowing reviews from the people who switch over from the PC or stock configurations. Buried within many of the glowing reviews there were a couple that detailed some drawbacks.

There were a couple stories of the module failing a month or two after installation. If you're bike is stock or has very minor mods (exhaust/aircleaner) then this is very minor and you'll only need to wait for the replacement; however, people that had done major engine work (bore up/cams and heads) had their bikes rendered inoperable after the failure as it reverted to only utilizing the canned maps in their ECM's. Now, just for statistical purposes, their were only 2 or 3 of these failure postings among 30-50 glowing reviews like Aaron's.

Now the same can be said about the PC options out there as they are also a piggy-back system, but the TTS Mastertune modifies the ECM maps to change all settings (while keeping a backup of the original map).

Myself, I'm caught between getting re-tuned with the TTS by a reputable shop or trying the Cobra. I love the idea of the Cobra, but fear having the extra part that may fail. Maybe I'll get the TTS tune and then keep an eye out for a price drop on the Cobra!

Quick Reply: Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro AutoTuner Installed !!!