Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani pro street exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bassani pro street exhaust

Got a few questions about the bassani pro street pipes.

Debating picking up a set for my 48, but i'm really concerned about the right side lean angle. I know it's not a crotch rocket, but I ride a little aggressive.

Regardless, i'll be putting on a set of 2-2 drag pipes, is this something I'll have to deal with no matter what brand I go with?

How does it compare to stock, do you find yourself dragging them quite often?
What about the sound, have any sound clips?
Also heard there easy to stick your leg on the side where there so wide.

Whats your overall opinion on the fit, finish, and sound.

also debating black or chrome....

Some random pics for reference...

Last edited by hutch08; 01-10-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think you'll have too many problems. My pipes do scrape but only at the ends of them but they're a little longer then the bassani's from the pictures I see anyway.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Aaron48
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scrape my Bassani Fire Sweeps a bit but Im leanin pretty good its really no big deal the part you scrape you wont even notice it..Fit and finish is great. Especially for the price from Dennis Kirk and they are also available in Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-WD...Oi8PPIa0En7Rz0

Last edited by Aaron48; 01-10-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you'll be fine. might actually get a set in black for myself. always liked those pipes, i found them for 375$ online.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The fit & finish on mine are great, and sound awesome. The pipes are stepped and have baffles so you don't lose any back pressure. My neighbors said my bike, with stock mufflers with the baffle knocked out, didn't sound like a harley until I threw on my Bassani's. I've only once had my leg touch the exhaust, and that was moving it around my basement. As for scraping, yes, I've got a scrape down the entire underside of the outer pipe.......But that's due to outrunning a buddy in his Monte Carlo SS while taking a 45mph twisty at 90MPH. He said the spark show was amazing! The only thing I would have like for Bassani to throw in would be the heat shields with the chrome pipes, as you can in my sig pic that the upper portion of my pipes have "blued".

Last edited by WVHogRider; 01-11-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaron, your bike looks really good and is too clean. Do you ride it at all? lol.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WVHogRider
The fit & finish on mine are great, and sound awesome. The pipes are stepped and have baffles so you don't lose any back pressure. My neighbors said my bike, with stock mufflers with the baffle knocked out, didn't sound like a harley until I threw on my Bassani's. I've only once had my leg touch the exhaust, and that was moving it around my basement. As for scraping, yes, I've got a scrape down the entire underside of the outer pipe.......But that's due to outrunning a buddy in his Monte Carlo SS while taking a 45mph twisty at 90MPH. He said the spark show was amazing! The only thing I would have like for Bassani to throw in would be the heat shields with the chrome pipes, as you can in my sig pic that the upper portion of my pipes have "blued".
not tryin to jack here but.....are they "two" separate pipes or are they welded together and did you need your stock exhaust hanger or did it come with new h/w to mount the bottom portion of the pipe?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, they are the best sounding pipe for a Sportster. I had them on my '02 and loved the look and sound. Take note, they get better with mileage too. Scraping? yep, I've scrapped mine a time or two but I was hanging off the side of the gas tank when I did it. My memory ain't as good as it once was but I do believe the mounting flange for the rear was included with mine. You will still have to use your flanges though, not a problem.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you will be fine with them. If I would not have got the deal I did on my Martin Bros pipes I would have got the Pro Streets for sure. I love everything aobut them.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
not tryin to jack here but.....are they "two" separate pipes or are they welded together and did you need your stock exhaust hanger or did it come with new h/w to mount the bottom portion of the pipe?
They are two seperate pipes. Mine is a 2000, so they mount differently than they will on yours.....But mine came with a new rear mount that gets attached where the OEM rear mount attached to. The only thing I reused was the OEM head flanges, as Zimbob stated.

Quick Reply: Bassani pro street exhaust