Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 PM
0neoldfart
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another 883L owner

Just bought my wife a new 883L which she has been enjoying. Has a FM stage 1 tune, V&H slip ons, windshield, bags, Mustang solo touring seat & progressive 412 shocks. The monotube fork kit is on order, should make for an even better ride. The plan is to put a 1200 kit on it in a year or two...

Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM
JTimes
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nat01
what bags are those they look great.
Yep, they are the same bags that grbrown mentioned - H-D locking leather bags, kit #53050-10. I love them! While they aren't huge by any means, they hold a lot more than you would think they would. I also love my Biker's Friend saddlebag (the round on on the back of the bike). That thing holds a lot of stuff.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:48 PM
JTimes
Tourer

Originally Posted by 0neoldfart
Just bought my wife a new 883L which she has been enjoying. Has a FM stage 1 tune, V&H slip ons, windshield, bags, Mustang solo touring seat & progressive 412 shocks. The monotube fork kit is on order, should make for an even better ride. The plan is to put a 1200 kit on it in a year or two...
Sounds like she's off to a good start I plan on changing mine to a 1200 someday.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:21 PM
JTimes
Tourer

I know I read on one of the posts on here where somebody put a 'cover' on their rear brake control. I've noticed that mine gets a little slippery when I've had my foot down on wet pavement and then put it on the brake. I was wondering if anyone has added a 'cover/pad' to theirs. If so, what did you use? Thanks! Joan

Update!! Just found what I was looking for.

Last edited by JTimes; 07-25-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:07 PM
keod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JTimes, I know you found what you were looking for......but make sure you get the brake cover that has the rubber strips on it as they are really good in the rain.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:20 AM
JTimes
Tourer

Originally Posted by keod
JTimes, I know you found what you were looking for......but make sure you get the brake cover that has the rubber strips on it as they are really good in the rain.
Keod, your message was the one that I had been looking for! I found the information in my private messages where we had corresponded with each other about the brake cover and a couple of other things I ordered the Kuryakyn one like you have on your bike. We just got back from a 2700 mile trip out West and that's when I noticed I was having a little slippage on the brake when the pedal was wet. Definitely don't want to have that problem. Thanks for all the helpful information that you've given me!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 PM
draginblack
6th Gear
Default Handlebar suggestion

Originally Posted by shortmon
any advice from the low group?
wife has a '10 super low, we need different handle bar or possibly risers
she is 5'3 and her hands go numb when riding, switched out the grips helped a little
swiveled the stock handle bar back a little but not enough top help.
other ideas? let me know.
On my Superlow I've replaced the original handlebar with the HD cod 56051-06 that fit perfectly, it is not expensive and does not require longer cables and front brake line (see attachements for details); as you can see you will get 1,25" more towards you respect to the std handle bar; if still not enough you could consider to install the super reach seat 54385-11
Attached Thumbnails

Old 08-01-2014, 07:23 PM
JTimes
Tourer

Keod, my husband just installed my brake pad cover. Tried it out the first time today...love it! Have to get use to having more space to put my foot on for the brake. I think I'm just about through adding stuff to my bike. Might have it bored to a 1200 some day, but other than that I should be finished with it...oh and might have it painted a different color, BUT besides that I should be finished

Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 AM
keod
Cruiser

Thanks for posting. Was thinking about adding risers to give me a little more pullback but this gives me another option. Love the comparison

Old 08-02-2014, 07:58 AM
keod
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JTimes
Keod, my husband just installed my brake pad cover. Tried it out the first time today...love it! Have to get use to having more space to put my foot on for the brake. I think I'm just about through adding stuff to my bike. Might have it bored to a 1200 some day, but other than that I should be finished with it...oh and might have it painted a different color, BUT besides that I should be finished
Glad it worked out for ya. I loved it when I put it on mine- such an easy fix. I lost one of the rubber pads once and just ordered replacements and used better mounting tape and haven't had an issue since then.

I added the HD analog tach/digital speedo - best mod ever - and the signal light switch extensions (which were a pain but I do like them).

Thought about the 1200 kit. Even took the new 1200T for a test ride. Definitely more power (but almost a surging issue) but in the end I decided mine is powerful enough for me :-). I did like the modified mid mount footpeg location though (just a little further forward).

Quick Reply: SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!