Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 PM
JBrooks271
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to pop in and post a few updated pics of my bike. I've changed it quite a bit since my last post. Next, I plan to change to a solo seat (type yet to be decided), and add the HD one piece detachable sissy bar.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:56 PM
JTimes
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! It's amazing how much we can change on our bikes.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 PM
JTimes
Tourer

I'm thinking about upgrading the motor to 1200 just to get a little more boost when riding on the highway.

Last edited by JTimes; 04-23-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Changed mind
Old 04-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Outtakes
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

PV2 Fuel Moto

Last edited by Outtakes; 05-02-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Bowler Jerry
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

JTimes you wouldn't believe the difference it made in the performance .I have the screaming eagle stage 2 kit. That's the kit with the 551 cams. Added 18 up and 20 ft. pounds torque.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Possum13
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this is nice to see.

I bought a 2014 Superlow XL1200T just last week. Was in looking at used bikes (since I got the green light from the boss) and after I had one I was looking into, the topic of the leftover came into the scene. After a few back and forths, the price came to where I wanted and the deal was done.

Now, I knew from the moment I bought, I would need to change a number of things right quick. You see, I am not the target audience @ 6' 2", yet, I wanted a sporty, as it fits what I need and want in a bike. The price was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on the Superlow, knowing I was going to dump some $$$ to make it fit me and do the other things I would do anyway.

Mustang seat and highway bar/pegs went on immediately, as did V&H Straightshots (including V&H FP3 Fuelpack), and raised the handlebars just a bit, pictured below. I ride it now with now real discomfort at all, but it will get much better when the Forward Controls go on this week. Simply switching out the ReducedReach seat for the Mustang made a world of difference for me, and the pegs of course. Took a 50 mile jag yesterday, rode perfect and was comfortable the whole time.

In addition to the Forwards, I have a V&H Naked O2 kit coming along with the V&H Skull Cap, grips, extended mirrors, LED Taillight and indicator bulbs (like to be bright on the roads these days). That oughta do it for this season. LOL

Old 05-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Possum13
Well, this is nice to see.

I bought a 2014 Superlow XL1200T just last week. Was in looking at used bikes (since I got the green light from the boss) and after I had one I was looking into, the topic of the leftover came into the scene. After a few back and forths, the price came to where I wanted and the deal was done.

Now, I knew from the moment I bought, I would need to change a number of things right quick. You see, I am not the target audience @ 6' 2", yet, I wanted a sporty, as it fits what I need and want in a bike. The price was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on the Superlow, knowing I was going to dump some $$$ to make it fit me and do the other things I would do anyway.

Mustang seat and highway bar/pegs went on immediately, as did V&H Straightshots (including V&H FP3 Fuelpack), and raised the handlebars just a bit, pictured below. I ride it now with now real discomfort at all, but it will get much better when the Forward Controls go on this week. Simply switching out the ReducedReach seat for the Mustang made a world of difference for me, and the pegs of course. Took a 50 mile jag yesterday, rode perfect and was comfortable the whole time.

In addition to the Forwards, I have a V&H Naked O2 kit coming along with the V&H Skull Cap, grips, extended mirrors, LED Taillight and indicator bulbs (like to be bright on the roads these days). That oughta do it for this season. LOL
Well, yours looks a lot like mine. But since I am 5'8" I am happy with the dimensions as they are.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Possum13
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
Well, yours looks a lot like mine. But since I am 5'8" I am happy with the dimensions as they are.
Indeed, the color combination is somewhat unique and sets off well. Love the way the bike rides.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 AM
JTimes
Tourer

Beautiful bike! Mine is a 2011 so I've had to add a lot of things to my Superlow to make it just right for me including a Mustang seat (stock seat had to go!), Kuryakyn grips, mini floorboards, extended shifter peg, detachable luggage rack and windshield, adjustable clutch/brake levers, saddlebags, handlebar riser, highway pegs, brake pad cover and engine guard. Oh, and my Biker's Friend bag. Love that thing!! Whenever I think about trading "Knuckles" in on another bike, I always end up backing out. He's my first Harley and we've had a lot of adventures together. He fits me just right, so why do it? The only thing I might do to him is give him more cc one day, but other than that I'm going to leave him like he is now.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Possum13
Stage IV
Default Update

Since my last post here, I installed the Vance & Hines V02 Intake & Skull Cap, along with Drag Specialties Grips and Forward Controls. The bike is now perfectly fitted for me, and I am quite happy with how it runs.

Quick Reply: SuperLow Owners Meeting Place!