Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SEPST software will not update.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New SEPST software will not update.

I received my new SEPST today with cables (sealed in new boxes, this was purchased from a dealer), software CDS and installed it on my laptop with Vista. After install I rebooted my PC, reopened the software, searched for updates and this is what happened.

-Check for updates
-Update available 5.001.0001.exe
-Download and install: this flashes for a few minutes and then I get this:

Update failed
Unable to connect to update server. Check your internet connection and try again later.

I have not connected the VCI to the bike yet and I tried the update several times with the same results each time. I then disabled my firewall and tried again. Would not update, and yes, I was connected to the internet.

any ideas why this is happening? Is the update server down?

Any advice would be appreciated. I bought this software because I have ordered and will be installing the NRHS 1250 kit in a few weeks on my 2012 Iron and I need the stage one download to start it up after the conversion before I dyno tune it.

Thanks. ( I also posted this in the Tuner section of the forum, but thought I would add it here as well)

Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try later....servers are down sometimes for maintenance etc.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich
I received my new SEPST today with cables (sealed in new boxes, this was purchased from a dealer), software CDS and installed it on my laptop with Vista. After install I rebooted my PC, reopened the software, searched for updates and this is what happened.

-Check for updates

Update failed
Unable to connect to update server. Check your internet connection and try again later.

I have not connected the VCI to the bike yet and I tried the update several times with the same results each time. I then disabled my firewall and tried again. Would not update, and yes, I was connected to the internet.

any ideas why this is happening? Is the update server down?

Any advice would be appreciated. I bought this software because I have ordered and will be installing the NRHS 1250 kit in a few weeks on my 2012 Iron and I need the stage one download to start it up after the conversion before I dyno tune it.

Thanks. ( I also posted this in the Tuner section of the forum, but thought I would add it here as well)

Found your problem. Nothing works right on vista. My power commander software wouldn't work on it, at all.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Found your problem. Nothing works right on vista. My power commander software wouldn't work on it, at all.
Vista has been around for two years so it shouldn't be a problem for a current software release.

My Power Vision software (WinPV) works fine on it.

Last edited by CanuckSporty; 01-20-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Mich
Road Master

The software seems to have loaded and installed properly. It is unable to communicate with the update server. Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

If anyone else has had or heard of this problem I would love to hear from them.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain

The software seems to have loaded and installed properly. It is unable to communicate with the update server. Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

If anyone else has had or heard of this problem I would love to hear from them.
If it's just an update don't worry about it. It will just be minor things and I'm sure you'll get it in due time. The last update to my PV software was 8 months ago.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckSporty
Vista has been around for two years so it shouldn't be a problem for a current software release.

My Power Vision software (WinPV) works fine on it.
Actually vista's been out for 5 years, and has been consistently buggy and shitty for the entire time.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 AM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Actually vista's been out for 5 years, and has been consistently buggy and shitty for the entire time.
Even more so if it's been 5 years, which it hasn't:

It was succeeded by Windows 7, which was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009 and released worldwide for retail on October 22, 2009.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

No problems here. The OP is complaining about an update to a piece of software not an OS. That would fall on the software manufacture/server not the OS that his hardware is running.

Last edited by CanuckSporty; 01-21-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Big Lebowski
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

-Check for updates

Update failed
Can you identify the version the boxed software did install?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Mich
Road Master

The software seems to be v. 5.000.0004

It does have the stage 1 maps which is what I wanted for a starting point. Just want to make sure I have the most recent changes, if there are any.

Now, because I am tuning illiterate, I am watching the instructional training dvd a few times to try and learn something. I have a few weeks to get somewhat familiar with it.

Quick Reply: New SEPST software will not update.