Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My mutt project

Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
jevanof
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My mutt project

I am building a sporty with a friend who owns a shop and is throwing me some parts laying around.

I have searched and not found this answer so I thought I would throw out the question to the good people here.

its a sportster frame and we just installed Yamaha R6 forks to the triple trees after having them machined. Now I am concerned because the front axle from the R6 is bigger than the what the sportster wheel bearing supports.

Right now I am thinking I either have to have to get a wheel bearing made or have the front axle machined.

here is a link to my blog, any ideas you have would be appreciated.

http://sportsterbarter.wordpress.com/

Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome to the forums. build looks awesome....i'll be watching brother. good luck and keep us updated.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
scaldwellk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the forks on there. I have thought about a set with the anti-dive.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
ahhwataday
Tourer

Sweet, cant wait to see how it ends up

Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
jevanof
Advanced

anyone ever use the jockey journal?

I was asking questions like this over there and they banned me.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

^^^JJ members are notorious for treating people like **** and making you feel inferior. that's all i'm gonna say.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 AM
jevanof
Advanced

well, I feel more welcomed here anyways, I will post status on my build next week.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

wouldn't it be much easier to just buy an older bike & restore it therefore increasing the value of it rather than making a bike with no resale value? I just think it isn't s a good investment of time and effort to build a frankenstein bike piece by piece. it just makes no sense to me.

Another popular thing to do is to buy a wrecked sport bike & Strip it down to a naked bike style while restoring it.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
wouldn't it be much easier to just buy an older bike & restore it therefore increasing the value of it rather than making a bike with no resale value? I just think it isn't s a good investment of time and effort to build a frankenstein bike piece by piece. it just makes no sense to me.

Another popular thing to do is to buy a wrecked sport bike & Strip it down to a naked bike style while restoring it.
no it wouldn't be easier. i dont think he's looking to restore a classic dude...did you not read his blog? he's looking to build a chop and has a bunch of donor parts to do it. you come out of left field with 95% of your comments dude, i dont understand you but then again i dont have to. if it doesn't make sense to you (which i can understand because you couldn't make sense of a lot of **** in other threads) it's because you don't get it or it's not for you. just because you changed your avatar don't think we forgot who you are.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmxatv
no it wouldn't be easier. i dont think he's looking to restore a classic dude...did you not read his blog? he's looking to build a chop and has a bunch of donor parts to do it. you come out of left field with 95% of your comments dude, i dont understand you but then again i dont have to. if it doesn't make sense to you (which i can understand because you couldn't make sense of a lot of **** in other threads) it's because you don't get it or it's not for you. just because you changed your avatar don't think we forgot who you are.

because when I see someone doing something really stupid and pointless I tend to want to warn someone they are wasting their time and wonder why they are doing something so pointless, like if someone pointed a loaded gun at themselves you'll tend to want to say something. Ofcourse I dont expect you to understand that, it appears you idolize a darwin award winner who killed himself on a motorcycle.

as far as avatars - What happend to your picture of Carrot Top?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My mutt project