Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$4 Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Bill Day
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Jerryw618

By chance have this pic posted anywhere else, for some reason I can not see it. I have got some medium American Rider Leather Hard bags on my bike and need to relocate my signals as well. Just wanna see all the options before I move them.

Thanks

Last edited by Bill Day; 06-11-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: add "what pic"
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Day
@ Jerryw618

By chance have this pic posted anywhere else, for some reason I can not see it. I have got some medium American Rider Leather Hard bags on my bike and need to relocate my signals as well. Just wanna see all the options before I move them.

Thanks

no no other postings but ill try too PM you some pics in a while i should be home in about 2 hrs and ill see what i can do 4 you

Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
jerryw618
Road Captain

hello all here are some more pics of my turn signal mounts . hope this helps , i will PM to bill also

thanks everyone

ride safe

Attached Thumbnails  Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit-img_0170.jpg    Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit-img_0171.jpg    Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit-img_0172.jpg    Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit-img_0173.jpg    Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit-img_0174.jpg  

Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
baghdadguy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question- how do you get the wire thru the standoffs?

I wanted to 'tuck' my 48 rears by putting on much shorter standoffs; when I unplugged the signal wires from the harness, ran them back thru the fender, I could not get them thru the existing standoff. Do I have to cut the wires and re-connect to the end end with the plug??? Or does the plug come apart somehow?

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by baghdadguy
Quick question- how do you get the wire thru the standoffs?

I wanted to 'tuck' my 48 rears by putting on much shorter standoffs; when I unplugged the signal wires from the harness, ran them back thru the fender, I could not get them thru the existing standoff. Do I have to cut the wires and re-connect to the end end with the plug??? Or does the plug come apart somehow?

Thanks!
hi there the pins that the wires go into actually come out of the connecter plug , there is a little flap you raise on the back of the connector plug and use a pin or other pointy object , i used dental tools , to push a tab down on the back of each pin and they pull out of the connector plug , then run the wires into the fender , out the back at the taillight and put them back into the connector plug , and plug them back into the sockets . im pretty sure its in the shop manual about the connectors and pins

Old 06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
baghdadguy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryw618
hi there the pins that the wires go into actually come out of the connecter plug , there is a little flap you raise on the back of the connector plug and use a pin or other pointy object , i used dental tools , to push a tab down on the back of each pin and they pull out of the connector plug , then run the wires into the fender , out the back at the taillight and put them back into the connector plug , and plug them back into the sockets . im pretty sure its in the shop manual about the connectors and pins
I THOUGHT that was so- I too used dental-type tools, but could not find the tabs holding the wires in the plastic connector. Worked those dang things like crazy too. Guess I'll have to re-try.... thanks!!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by baghdadguy
I THOUGHT that was so- I too used dental-type tools, but could not find the tabs holding the wires in the plastic connector. Worked those dang things like crazy too. Guess I'll have to re-try.... thanks!!

i'll see if i can find the diagrams in the manual and post them here for you .

Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Heres a link that has a pdf to show how to work the connectors , including pin removal. really good info . hope this helps .

http://mael.rivoal.free.fr/Manuel%20...R/sm_appb1.pdf

The following users liked this post:
twohawks (09-05-2016)
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryw618
I got two 2 inch bolts 4 black nylon washers 2 chrome spacers from Ace hardware and made these signal mounts for my bike , they work great and are spaced just right for my saddlebags , only cost me $4.00 and change , a couple of bolts and washers and spacer it doesnt get much simpiler than that .

I did mine about like this, but just used 3 washer per side so my lights are even closer to the fender struts. I ran the wires under the struts and tucked up under the rear fender, then used black wire loom to cover them. You really don't see the wires on my bike. The total project cost me less than 4 bucks as well.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by XL50#674
I did mine about like this, but just used 3 washer per side so my lights are even closer to the fender struts. I ran the wires under the struts and tucked up under the rear fender, then used black wire loom to cover them. You really don't see the wires on my bike. The total project cost me less than 4 bucks as well.

have any pics ?????

Quick Reply: $4 Sportster Rear Turn Signal Relocation Kit