Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pipes...which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
heshua
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pipes...which ones?

I'm going to be getting new pipes soon, but I just can't decide which ones to get. I've narrowed it down to two. Either the Samson legend series rip saws, OR vance and hines big radius 2 into2. Both would be the black option. Any thoughts? I wan't them to be loud too. Is either one louder? or have a better sound than the other. That's what it's going to come down to because I can't pick by looks alone. I really like them both.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's funny that you pick those two because they just so happen to be my two favorite options out of the mass-produced varieties.

I've thought about a more "custom" like option from Led Sled or Sik Pipes but honestly I do prefer a longer pipe.

I don't think many people here have the Big Radius, though I'm sure that someone does and can help you with specifics.

barrygreen has the Rip Saws and highly recommends them.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Cee-Ster
Advanced

Those are also the two I narrowed down to.. for me I think the ripsaws looks amazing! But since I have a nightster(mids) I would have to go forwards control($$) and then the exhaust($$). With that said the big radius can go on with my mids and I think it looks alil more aggressive?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Midlife79
Tourer

Where in Michigan are you? I have the V&H short shots on mine, so you could at least get an idea of sound even though they're not the big radius. I believe the short shots are louder, but the big radius is a little deeper sounding.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
heshua
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cee-Ster
Those are also the two I narrowed down to.. for me I think the ripsaws looks amazing! But since I have a nightster(mids) I would have to go forwards control($$) and then the exhaust($$). With that said the big radius can go on with my mids and I think it looks alil more aggressive?
I'm going to get forwards either way. I agree, I think the big radius looks a little more agressive. I think that's why I'm having such a hard time choosing, they both are different enough that it brings a different look depending on which one's you have on. And of course the price of the two are almost identical, so I can't even us that to help me out :P

Originally Posted by Midlife79
Where in Michigan are you? I have the V&H short shots on mine, so you could at least get an idea of sound even though they're not the big radius. I believe the short shots are louder, but the big radius is a little deeper sounding.
I live sort of near flint. I've heard the short shots though before. And I figured that big radius had to sound similar.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
blindrocket
Road Master

I think the Rip Saws are about a hundred bucks cheaper. With the way the tips point downward, the sound bounces back making them sound even better.

I don't think that barrygreen will mind me sharing a PM he sent to me:
They are the Legend Series Samson Rip Saws, and they work with forward controls. Sorry no sound clips but I can say they sound AWESOME!
The shields cover this but they are stepped pipes going from 1 3/4 at the head to 2 1/4 in the straight part so they not only sound great they perform well also. Got them on eBay for $389 shipped in the factory sealed box!!!!
Also come in chrome.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
heshua
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blindrocket
I think the Rip Saws are about a hundred bucks cheaper. With the way the tips point downward, the sound bounces back making them sound even better.

I don't think that barrygreen will mind me sharing a PM he sent to me:

oh wow. That's a real good price he got them for! I think those will be the one's I get

Old 07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
sajackson
Road Master

Originally Posted by heshua
I live sort of near flint. I've heard the short shots though before. And I figured that big radius had to sound similar.
Hey it's good to see a couple more michiganders on here. I live in Caro. It's a small town about 25 miles east of Saginaw.

Would be great to get a Michigan ride together one of these days.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Knights2TheEnd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for the deepest sound possible get bub jug huggers. they are loud, add performance, and enhance the look of ur bike, I got them on my bike

Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
IRON1250
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Knights2TheEnd
If your looking for the deepest sound possible get bub jug huggers. they are loud, add performance, and enhance the look of ur bike, I got them on my bike
out of all the pipes discussed here i would second your suggestion. those type of pipes are not really made for performance. i think the bubs are a really good blend between sound and performance.

Quick Reply: pipes...which ones?