Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster help/advice

Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Seb3568
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportster help/advice

I'm still somewhat new to the forum, but so far everyone has been extremely nice and I've already learned a lot. I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a 2012 iron 883 with the 1200 conversion kit. I've only changed the exhaust and air cleaner, but I'm going to be getting a little deeper in customizing here really soon.

I will be getting the RSD speedo relocation kit:
http://www.rolandsands.com/products/...-Black-Anodize
I didn't want to do clip ons with this though, and I was looking at the rsd cross bars:
http://www.rolandsands.com/products/...andlebar-Black

So here is my issue...
I wasn't too fond of risers, but Ive read on here that that would be the only way to see the "idiot" lights.

Now, the rsd speedo kit doesn't include the LED idiot lights as is, so I was thinking of getting this clamp I found from joker machine that would have the LED idiot lights on the clamp:
http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0

Do you guys think this could work? Would it look too tacky since the rsd would have idiot lights that don't work, and then the clamp the the working lights??
Just looking for advice guys.
I'm probably going to lean towards the risers and just go with the rsd led also, but if there's any better ideas out there, I'm all ears!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 02:31 PM
mjolnir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a clamp from a guy on the forums here that looks identical to that Joker Machine one. I took it off b/c I changed things up, but it housed the idiot lights and rode on the stock Nightster (short) risers. The lights were less visible than stock, but you could still see them. I had my speedo reolcated down beside the tank.

I don't think that clamp and that speedo mount will work together. You could mount the clamp over the speedo mount, but then it won't clamp the bars. You could get longer screws and put the speedo mount on top of the bar clamp, but it'd block the lights.

So in answer to your first question, yes, the lights are still visible even without putting them on an angle. But in answer to the second, no, I'm not sure it'll work.

I hadn't put them up for sale, but if you're interested in my bar clamp and speedo bracket, pm me and we can talk about it.